It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2002, 06:19 AM   #1

Lyle HB User
headaches/thumping

i I am new to the board but I have been suffering from some weird symptoms for the last 3 months.
I had a cold about 3 months ago and I developed labyrinthitis (dizziness)after for about 2 months. During this time I developed a thumping sound in my right ear. At first I thought it was my pulse or heartbeat but I noticed it did not correspond with my pulse and heartbeat. It was too click and too fast and too many in a row. I get this everyday for about 45 minutes. I also developed a constant headache (mild) on my right side of my head, although it shifts to my left side or back of head sometimes. It is constant morning to night.
My questions are does anyone have these symptoms or had them?
Is this myoclonus that some people have mentioned?

Lastly, I have had a MRI, MRV, ct scan, eeg, and blood tests. My primary care doc doesnt think it is anything and refuses to send me to a ENT

Lastly, not to sound paranoid but do I need any other tests MRV, etc?

Feel free to email
[email]Lgoldst415@aol.om[/email]

Old 02-12-2002, 03:48 PM   #2
Unregistered

Re: headaches/thumping

My advice is to demand to see an ENT. I also had the thumping sensations in my left ear. Finally, I had a surgery to cut the middle ear muscle. The thumping has mostly gone away, but I get isolated thumps now and then. I also suffer from patulous eustachian tube dysfunction which is destroying my life. I can't stand the popping and breathing against my ear drum. I wish you the best of luck in fighting this condition.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread