It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2002, 06:13 PM   #1

optimist HB User
Fibromyalgia

Since I am going to try Amitriptyline to relieve my symptoms and this medicine is used for people suffering with Fibromyalgia, I was interested in learning what symptoms are present in Fibromyalgia.
I was surprised to see that my symptoms which I thought were inner ear problems--my ENT says I have no inner ear problems--are the same symptoms people have with Fibromyalgia. All I want is a name for what I have been dealing with so I know how to treat it. Forever an optimist--I am hopeful.

Old 03-07-2002, 10:31 PM   #2

Rose66 HB User
Re: Fibromyalgia

I also have Fibromyalgia I've been suffering for a year, recently I started having problems with my ears. Severe ringing and dizziness...my doctor told me he thinks its tinitis. I am taking gingo biloba and I'm still waiting for it to start working.

No one has told me that its associated with my Fibromyaliga this is a new thing. Maybe you should ask your doctor about tinitus maybe he can give you something to help.

I hope you get better

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2002, 01:44 AM   #3

Lyndal Stuhr HB User

Vertigo is when everything is spinning around fast and you are unable to walk and must hang onto the walls or anything you can get your hands on to get somewhere. I first experienced this 3 yrs. ago when I came home from the hospital after having Bladder repair surgery. The Dr. prescribed Antivert (Meclizine) over the phone for it. It was of no help to me. After another week of it I went in to see him and he prescribed antibiotic drops even though he said the ears looked allright. By the 2nd day it was nearly gone! I continued the prx. for 2 wks. and it was about a year before it came back! Since then I have had it 2 more times.
I recently was advised by a foot Dr. to look into FIBROMYALGIA. After checking out the web sites on it I am convinced the ear problem is part of the FMS and many other things that have plagued me for 4-5yrs.
Since I do not have health insurance I went to the Internal Medicine Dr. that I see for my high blood pressure and he put me on Amitriptyline 10mg. and Ultram 50mg. along with Tylenol. He said it will take some time for my body to adjust to the Amitr. I have been on it for 2 wks. now and am finally starting to notice some small improvment.
I just entered into "search" Fibromyalgia and came up with some excellent info. Also the MSN WebDr. has some good articles about it.
I hope this has been of some help. I still seem to have an on-going problem of itching or yeast or infection or who knows what, inside my ears and have to use the same prx.
Keep in touch. Lyndal (Lynn)

Old 03-08-2002, 06:10 AM   #4

optimist HB User

Interesting that you started to have problems after surgery. Disabliling problems started for me after surgery. Perhaps the stress of the surgery triggers an already underlying problem. I am just so tired of feeling lousy.

Old 03-08-2002, 07:07 AM   #5

StephenM HB User

Do you have pain? I don't have any pain, just lightheadedness and intermittent fatigue (which I can keep at bay if I stay active), so I've just assumed that I can rule out fibromyalgia. Is there such a thing as fibromyalgia without pain?

Old 03-08-2002, 09:31 AM   #6

optimist HB User

My husband calls all these symptoms MUPS--medically unexplained physical symptoms. This includes syndromes such as chronic headache, Fibromyalgia,
chronic fatigue, GI disorders, Tinnitus, idiopathic pain. The treatment is anti-depressants.
I do have some neck and upper back pain--it is the fatigue and lightheadness that I detest.

Closed Thread