It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2001, 06:09 AM   #1

LULA2001 HB User
Could my 'spacey' problem be my ears?

I've been reading the board for a while in my search to find out just what is wrong with me...and it looks like I might have found the answer!
My symptoms are 'derealization', feeling of loss of balance, heavy headedness, not being able to concentrate on conversations, popping ears every time I swallow and a strange 'the floor is moving' sensation when walking. Being in shops and places like that is dreadful, I feel like I am walking around on a bubble.
I haven't been myself since this started more than two years ago and have had loads of tests - blood tests (diabetes, anaemia etc), and MRI scan, an EGC. Nothing has come up with anything. It occurred to me that it could be a problem with my ears, and my symptoms seem very similar to those that other people have talked about. I mentioned this to my doctor who had never considered it before(!!!!)My appointment with the ENT doctor at the hospital is still 6 months away...

I see that people have mentioned alternative therapies, and that it is possible to get your eustachian tubes to drain with the help of acupuncture etc. If anyone could let me have any information about alternative/natural therapies I would be so grateful. Also, from what I complain of would you agree that it sounds like it could be an ear problem?
I am 23 and can't bear to think I will feel like this for the rest of my life.

Old 04-22-2001, 08:47 PM   #2

placentia HB User
Re: Could my 'spacey' problem be my ears?

Hi,

You are not alone I too have had this for almost a year and a half. I can't tell you how it has changed my life. It is such a strange, scary and alone feeling. I too have problems with my ears. I also have bad allergies. I have been taking allergy shots for almost 8 months now, and my allergies are getting better but not the disconnected feeling I have 24/7. I feel like I'm in the movie the sixth sense. I feel like I'm living a dream. (not a good feeling) I have two children and I try to do the best I can but It is hard at times. I wish you luck . Sandy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2001, 02:28 PM   #3

kristis2 HB User
Re: Could my 'spacey' problem be my ears?

your derealization could be related to anxiety!I have had it for 8 years 24/7!I have been diagnosed with a few anxiety disorders,but I am wondering if maybe I have an inner ear problem as well!Goog luck to you!Kristi

Closed Thread