It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2001, 05:02 PM   #1

edenvino HB User
HELP????

can someone please help me? i am so confused and don't know what is wrong with me. i have been having panic attacks, feel dizzy all the time, soemtimes nautious, forgetful, tired, vision is weird, headaches, etc. i don't know if i am having strokes, a brain tumor, general anxiety, inner ear disfunction or am I dying? how do i distinguish all of these things?

Old 03-13-2001, 09:45 AM   #2

sashalynn HB User
Re: HELP????

There is nothing wrong with you. You have anxiety disorder. I got my first panic attack two year's ago. I felt dizzy all the time, afraid to go out by myself for fear I would have another attacks, I always had something terrible on my mind, and felt for sure I had a brain tumour and I was going to die. Doctors tested everything on me, and said I was fine. That gave me some relief, but it wasn't enough, so I went to a shrink, got some cognitive therapy, and I havn't had an attack for over a year. I know you desperately think there is something wrong with you, but you will not die, and the dizziness is the number 1 symptom of anxiety. You start feeling all weird and loose touch of where you are and who you are (that's the cortisone running through your body)that's what adreneleine is made of. Your digestive tracks shuts down, you feel a terrifying fear, and no matter how many people tell you your okay, you just can't believe them. next thing you know you start sweating, and then the panic sets in. There is a website like this one for anxiety disorder and you can talk all you want and everyone will know how you are feeling, and you will get so much help from them. Ativan is a good drug...the minute you feel funny, you put it under your tongue, and it calms you down. Anti depressants can help too (I didn't take them), and talking to a shrink helps as well. I wish you luck! If yoiu need more help, post and I will reply.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2001, 09:18 PM   #3

edenvino HB User
Re: HELP????

I really want to thank you for your reply. As you know, you can never hear that stuff too much and i really needed that right now. Today was an exceptionally hard day for me and it helps to know there are reassuring people like you out there. I am so fearfull all the time and i just want to break down, but i have a 5 month old baby, so she keeps me going--(as much as that is possible) Do you really think that the vision thing is part of anxiety? i hope so!

Closed Thread