Hi new here, I was just diagnosed with these today but I still wonder if that is what they are.
I get these weird feelings, first I feel flushed, then nausea, followed by weekness in my legs, off balance, shaky, dizzy, pressure in my ears and sinuses as well as get the chills. I had several tests done and the ENG showed I don't track well, that instead of smoothly tracking items I jump track them.
Had an MRI done and it showed 3 very small white spots on my brain.
The doctor said they are from the migraines and started me on some meds. I don't know which one yet, because I left it in the car, will check when I take it get filled this evening. I have had really bad episodes since February, but looking back have had mild ones for some time. I have not been able to drive as driving brings on an episode. I have major anxiety about leaving the house because I worry the next one will be the one that makes me pass out or puke in public. I miss out on so much because of this.
Do those of you who have VM agree with his diagnosis?
Not a doctor but (it may be) ,do you have a history of vertigo? MAV or Vestibular Migraines are common with people with chronic vertigo. You are doing the right thing by seeing a ENT doctor and I take topomax to help with those type of migraines,there are some other things out there check it out,good luck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to warpony2310 For This Useful Post: bindar (05-05-2011), comel (05-07-2011)
Thanks for the replies. I do not have a history of vertigo, this just came on suddenly. I was on a trip to Boston when it hit me and hasn't gone away since. I have started the medicine and so far no horrible side effects. I hope it works because it is really hard to live like this.
I hope you have good luck with this medication. Be patient because it can sometimes take a few weeks to months for results, and it can take several trials with different medications to find what works best for you. Migraines are an interesting phenomenon because different treatments work for different people, but the majority of people are able to find a medication or combination of medications that work.
The Following User Says Thank You to bindar For This Useful Post: comel (05-07-2011)
Comel, I too have been diagnosed with vestibular migraines by 2 different ENTs in last 2 weeks, also seeing neurolgist in next few days for final opinion. I have very very similar symtoms to you, Driving is also an issue with myself, it brings on headaches fatigue, and in earlier weeks slight nausea which has eased. Does Driving trigger the same symptoms with you? could I ask what medication you have been given .... I have had a tough past 7 weeks,even though symptoms have now eased am looking forward to some successful treatment .... good luck with yours also
hi bobbity1, I am moonmarcie. I was diagnosed with severe visual migraines. At first I thought it was garbage. I am supposed to go back to university of michigan to see a neuro. Just a long drive and i dont drive anymore. I have to have someone take me. Anyway, good luck let us know what happens with the neuro tests. Ok?
Do a search for the MAV survival guide and start weeding out your own personal triggers. 40% of people can kill their migraine in this way and stop the problem. The other 60% need to do this AND take a migraine med.