It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2011, 08:49 PM   #1
(female)

txmacdee HB User
Dr. Baloh - UCLA

My daughter has been referred out to Dr. Baloh (Neorology) @UCLA, after extensive test with all normal findings. Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this doctor, in regards to her symptoms and if so, have they gotten a diagnosis and treatment? I have a Medical ID set up for her, just have to call for an Evaluation and Follow up visit as well, if they will do that, since I am traveling over 1000 miles (and waiting on insurance company to get back with me.)

Her Symptoms are:
Ear fullness, some tinnitus (pounding), slight dizzyness/vertigo, popping/clicking noises when I chew, swallow, yawn, etc. and occasionally I will go through episodes where my ear will 'pop' and the fullness will appear worse, sounds seem muffled yet almost louder, I can relieve this by laying down and putting slight pressure on that ear.

Test done Are:

SSCD (Superior Semicircular Canal Dehiscence), Meniere's Disease, Vestibular Migraines, Environmental allergies, B12 defincey, PET (Patulous Eustachian tube), TMJ and tested for any auto-immune disorder (which came back negative, but still a possibility) NOTE: all of these tests have been run with tubes in my ears due to being diagnosed with eustation tube dysfunction which is NOT the case. (Tubes removed in March 2011 and then some test re-done.)

Medications have been tried are:
Etodolac 300 mg X3 per day (TMJ for inflamation)
Ala-hist D
Methylred 4 mg
Patanasa 0.6% Nasal Spray
Veramyst Nasal Spray 27.5 mc
Topiramate 25 mg
Nortriptylin 25 mg
Betahistine 12 mg
Oxcarbazepin 300 mg x 3 or 4 a day.
Clonazepam .5 mg
Lorazepam 1 mg
***other meds for treatments of TMJ not shown.***

*** Had Cat Scans, MRI of the head, MRI of the Inner Ear, etc. done as well.***

Any helpful information is always appreciated.

Thanks,
Dee

Last edited by txmacdee; 05-25-2011 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Added more info.

The following user gives a hug of support to txmacdee:
leleoh (05-26-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread