It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2011, 09:19 AM   #1
(male)

imperialdgl HB User
Eustachian tube question

Hi i cant clear my right ear, yet have had ear test for hearing all ok & pressure test of ear drum which passed ok at ENT, if pressure test is ok does that mean Eustachian tube is ok functioning ok ? in which case doesnt make sense as if i hold my nose & blow wont clear, I also get a lot of craking sounds when i yawn & thats about it, I have a d*****ate fullness feeling on right side, could anyone clear up my question ?? as may need to go back to ent, is it worth trying antihistimines ? Im currectly using a saline spray which seems to be doing something although slowly, Also how high & at what angle should i be squirting the saline to hit the Eustachians ? i have no idea were they would be inside the nose ? any help appreciated

Old 07-07-2011, 09:31 AM   #2
(male)

cally1 HB User
Re: Eustachian tube question

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperialdgl View Post
Hi i cant clear my right ear, yet have had ear test for hearing all ok & pressure test of ear drum which passed ok at ENT, if pressure test is ok does that mean Eustachian tube is ok functioning ok ? in which case doesnt make sense as if i hold my nose & blow wont clear, I also get a lot of craking sounds when i yawn & thats about it, I have a d*****ate fullness feeling on right side, could anyone clear up my question ?? as may need to go back to ent, is it worth trying antihistimines ? Im currectly using a saline spray which seems to be doing something although slowly, Also how high & at what angle should i be squirting the saline to hit the Eustachians ? i have no idea were they would be inside the nose ? any help appreciated
There is a lot of discussion on this under Ear Nose and Throat. A few things that seem to work best include.....

Hot Showers to clear sinuses

Steam a bowl of water - towel over head - breath in through nose and out mouth
Could be allergy related - so might want to try Zyrtec for a while and see if you get any relief.

Test of Eustachian tube will show that ET opened during test but Q here is did it open Fully and will it Stay open - Tube could be inflamed due to allergy, or due to a TMJ issue - You may want to look into Tensor Tympani Muscle and see if this might be part of the problem.

In terms of sprays to open ET - Nasonex (Rx) seems to work best with 4 Way nasal spray a distant second.

If you have excess mucous in ET you can also try Mucinex and drink a lot of water.

Keep us Posted on how youíre doing!!

Barry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread