It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2011, 05:33 AM   #1
(male)

IWannaBeatThis HB User
Newbie and my story so far!

Okay im male and 29, I first didnt feel right a month ago now and i actualy visited doctor on 15th July, i found it really hard at the time to describe what was up with me, but i had a slight sensation that my left ear was blocked, but felt like i could hear okay but had a really off feeling about myself, fuzzy head. The doctor looked into my ear and said my ears were fine and gave me a nazal spray for my sinises as i did mention i had hay fever. that was that, i did feel off on the odd occasions,

I went on a stag do to magaluf on the 29th july and felt fine. on the last day monday 1st i felt very ill thinking it was just hangover, had a runny nose and a sore throat, I was sick a few times that day and flew home. dont get me wrong i did have alot of alcahol and even went on a ride drunk called the vomatron (Dont think these helped any at all!)
During the flight while landing i lost my hearing, i couldnt pop my ears and felt like there was alot of pressure. even after landing my ears werent right for a good while.
Now the days after i felt very ill, with flue like symtoms, this lasted for about 3 days, i actually went to a walk in center inbertween this (Wed 3rd Aug) and they put it down to a viral infection checked my ears and said they were okay. Still feeling not right i went to A+E on the (Sat 6th) were i said something seriously not right i have had lost the flu like symptoms but had the feeling on a blocked left ear, dizzyness but never lost balance, light fuzzy head with blurred vision, again checked my ears and said they were fine, used another machine and checked my ear drum and said its fine, They said i had had a mild throat infection and i left.
i tried going back to work on 8th this monday and was sent straight home, to which i went straight to the doctors. same again blocked left ear, dizzyness but never lost balance, light fuzzy head with blurred vision to which he said my inner ear is blocked and gave me antibiotics (Doxycycline) i have the last one to take tommorow but feel like these are doing nothing. IF i go for a walk, car jorney do anything pyhsical it seems to eorsen and im really off and have to lie down ect. i rushed in the doctors yesterday before the end off day and asked for something he could give for vertigo and he has also given me (Cinnarizine) which im not sure if there doing anything though only started yesterday.
I will be making a appointment monday as i know i will be feeling no better, im in bupa to so im gonna request to be refferd as to behonnest at this point im feeling so low and fed up and reading some stories of weeks months and years of being the same is really getting me down thinking how long i could be like this. doing this also is giving me blurred vision and excuse the english i know it will probably suck!

Last edited by IWannaBeatThis; 08-13-2011 at 05:34 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread