It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2011, 03:03 AM   #1
(male)

mrmumbels HB User
Worried about ENG test results :/

I have been having eye problems/dizziness issues for 3 years now. I finally found a doctor that didn't think I was crazy and sent me for an ent. During the caloric stimulation hot and cold in my right ear I got very dizzy and my eyes were bouncing back n forth. For my left ear there was no reaction at all. I'm going crazy because I haven't gotten any results yet. Can anyone with experience give me an idea what to expect? In a bit scared.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:55 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User
Re: Worried about ENG test results :/

Do not worry because the symptoms bear little correlation with the test results. It is not possible to say anything definitive until the results are reviewed. It generally takes several hours to review the results, so it is normal to take a while before you are presented with the results. Try to be patient.

Last edited by bindar; 08-14-2011 at 01:56 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2011, 07:12 PM   #3
(male)

mrmumbels HB User

So even though there was no reaction to cold or hot in my left ear the Dr said my test results came back within normal ranges. How is this possible? Should I get a second opinion and have another eng done?

Old 08-23-2011, 06:11 AM   #4
(female)

Ihavehad it HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmumbels View Post
So even though there was no reaction to cold or hot in my left ear the Dr said my test results came back within normal ranges. How is this possible? Should I get a second opinion and have another eng done?
ENG is a very easy test...You fit the bill for BPPV since you have one eye that goes back and forth called "nystagmus"
I have only my left side that bothers me...I am unable to lie ony left since it is the affected side...I have learned through a vestibular PT the Epley, Brandt-Darrof excercise to do these to lessen uncomfortable feelings...
Sounds so typical of BPPV..Do not worry!

Old 08-23-2011, 03:42 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User

How do you know there was no reaction in your left ear? It is possible that you just didnt feel the reaction. If the doctor says the results were normal, then there was a reaction for the left ear.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:56 PM   #6
(male)

mrmumbels HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindar View Post
How do you know there was no reaction in your left ear? It is possible that you just didnt feel the reaction. If the doctor says the results were normal, then there was a reaction for the left ear.
Well maybe there was a reaction but I didn't feel it. The right ear test was not far from torture and the left ear test I could have fallen asleep.

Closed Thread