It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2011, 04:39 PM   #1
(female)

eugeniajoy HB User
vestibular neuritis - need some advice

Hi Everyone:
Need some advice as to how I am doing. Have been diagnosed with VN on Sept 15th. Went to Physio and ENT and both diagnosed me with VN. Physio did all the tests with goggles,etc.

Anyway, have been doing the vrts for about 9 weeks and thought I was improving a little bit ...didn't feel quite as dizzy ...still felt unbalanced (rocky) when I walk but a little better. Decided it was time to up the anti and went to 2 fitness classes ....one weights and one spinning (bike class). This weekend feel terrible....feels like it did right @ the beginning....dizzy.

I really thought I was on my way to recovery but after this weekend (since Wednesday....now Sunday) feel rotten.

Thoughts by anyone would be appreciated....is this normal in recovery?

Old 11-14-2011, 05:47 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User
Re: vestibular neuritis - need some advice

Did you have an ENG or VNG showing caloric weakness? If so, what percent damage was found?

If you are not recovering from over 2 months of VRT, VN is very doubtful. VN is a common misdiagnosis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2011, 07:02 AM   #3
(female)

lovineachday HB Userlovineachday HB Userlovineachday HB Userlovineachday HB User
Re: vestibular neuritis - need some advice

I was diagnosed with VN a year an a half ago (well, it started then .. Took a few months to get diagnosis). An ENG showed I had damage in my right ear. It's been sort of a 3 steps forward 2 steps back process. Frustrating, I know. I have many weeks now that I feel completely normal, sometimes over a month. If I get sick or travel I will sometimes decompensate for a week or two. It does get better, and you could improve much faster than I did. I didn't get VRT until over a year later. I have def overdone it (one time too much VRT and another time dancing in heels all night)... And both of those decomps were awful. Prob best to keep moving, but slow and steady. My 2 cents. You'll get there!! I am totally functional now. Just yucky in the mornings sometimes. It doesn't hold
Me back.

Bindar, can you elaborate? I have met a lot of people on the boards who have been diagnosed with VN and aren't recovered within a month or two. I'm very curious as to what we could have that we don't know about. I want to kick this thing!!

Closed Thread