It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2011, 04:56 AM   #1
(female)

mortch HB User
questioning Meniere's diagnosis

I have experienced vertigo for many years but it has never interfered with my life. It was actually something that I just put up with and assumed it was occasional BPPV. I never went to the doctor for it as my sister has BPPV and our symptoms were simialar and there were no other noticable symptoms.
More recently....the past year and a half, I have been experiencing periodic attacks of vertigo which are becoming worse with each episode. It will come on very slowly over the course of a day or two and eventually turns into violent vertigo especially when I am getting out of bed at night or morning to go to the restroom or something. The vertigo seems almost constant during the day but just not as violent. I am not nauseated. The episodes are lasting longer and this most recent one...I actually missed work, something I never did before.
Other symptoms include a general fullness in my head/ears, brain fog, difficulty talking at times (part of brain fog), eyes seem jumpy at times, very sensitive to sound and a ringing in ears at times which does not seem too bad. I have had the ringing in my ears off and on for years but it doesn't last very long when it happens. Sometimes it does get very loud.
I finally went to the docs this week. He did not run tests...mentioned Menier's and gave me dyazide and valium (for vertigo) as I can't take meclizine. He wants me to come back in a month for blood work and follow up.
This is the longest an episode has lasted and I am hoping it isn't a sign of things to come. Any thoughts, suggestions or shared experiences?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread