It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2012, 08:08 AM   #1
(male)

softball111 HB User
Anyone able to exercise with/after vestibular problem?

I have been improving over the last month, but the VN/LABS/PLF or whatever this seems to be is making it tough to feel "normal" at the gym. I couldn't even think about an elyptical or lifting wieghts back in December, but I've recently been trying to get back in..had about 7 workouts, and each one is about 45 minutes, cardio, and then some weights...

I haven't felt right after any of them...I just feel light headed, like I'm stirring this problem up..fatigue at times, nausea at times...its been about 12-13 weeks since this first started, I was hoping to be back to the gym. Anyone else have any experience to shares?

(background) symptoms: light headed often 24/7, had two specific instances of what I'd called strong dizzyness. One I woke up, other just came on...and maybe one at the gym. NO hearing loss according to ENT, no tinitus based on what others describe, no real fullness of ears, no headaches for the most part (maybe as normal). MRI, Cadio EKG twice with stress echo all clear, thyroid clear, blood tests all clear, lyme test, had audioglogy tests, clear. Going to Neurologist this week.

Last edited by softball111; 02-20-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:42 AM   #2
(female)

lovineachday HB Userlovineachday HB Userlovineachday HB Userlovineachday HB User
Re: Anyone able to exercise with/after vestibular problem?

I go to the gym regularly now and feel perfectly fine. I had VN about a year and a half-2 years ago. I had a long recovery process, 3 steps forward, two steps back, but I feel great now. I'd have periods where I felt great for months and then have a little decomp from doing too much/not enough but just minor. I feel the odd little wave of dizziness now and then but it doesn't effect my life at all. The only thing that affects me still for sure is wearing heels. I wear them so seldomly, that my brain isn't used to it, I guess. Last summer I went to a wedding and danced in high heels for hours and I paid for it for a week or two. I wore heels a couple of months ago for about 5 hours and the effects were minor for a few days. Sorry... off topic.

I now do step classes, Zumba, yoga etc all without issues. Like I said, just the odd minor little moment but it doesn't stop me.

I wish you well!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #3
(male)

softball111 HB User

Back on my feet also and working out as normal. Took a few months but I made it!

Old 08-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #4
(male)

softball111 HB User

Seem to be having a relapse of some kind though not as bad. started at the gym working out, and has hung around for a few days. just that whole light headed slight dizziness thing. The light headedness never FULLY went away, was always are of it, but its back to the annoying stage again but not too intense. Maybe i worked out too hard. just keeping this up to date will update again!

(to update from my first post, neuro did all his tests, fine, then ran MRA.MRV of neck, and that came back clear too, and also ran a ton of blood tests, all clear)
currently blood pressure, etc just looked at few days ago all super health. must be WHATEVER INNER EAR thing i officially had just stirring itself up.

Anyone think it could be PLF since I may have kicked it up lifting weights again? or maybe VN or whatever

Last edited by softball111; 08-13-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #5
(female)

rosetta29 HB User

Thanks for sharing...am just recovering from *something* (BPPV, VN, Labrynthitis? - waiting to see ENT) and itching to exercise as I am super active. I'm a big runner and dying to go for a run - just wondering if that will stir things up....?

(background - 2 violent vertigo episodes week and a half ago, left me with bit of unsteadiness and tired eyes, achy ear from time to time, but back to work half days and feeling decent)

Old 08-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #6
(female)

rosetta29 HB User

Thanks for sharing...am just recovering from *something* (BPPV, VN, Labrynthitis? - waiting to see ENT) and itching to exercise as I am super active. I'm a big runner and dying to go for a run - just wondering if that will stir things up....?

(background - 2 violent vertigo episodes week and a half ago, left me with bit of unsteadiness and tired eyes, achy ear from time to time, but back to work half days and feeling decent)

Reply Reply