It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #1
(female)

Eveln HB User
My case of Laby

Hi there. I was looking for some advice or input into my condition and whether how I am feeling is normal under my diagnosis. I was diagnosed with having Laby on the 18th March. My symptoms started about 2 weeks before that. I found it almost impossible to describe to the doctor how I was feeling. It wasnt lightheadedness, I told him that things are moving in my field of vision and I was foggy and couldnt tell if the item was moving or if it was me!

My case never had any severe vertigo attached to it but I did experience some motion sickness. When it first started I had numbness in my arms and legs for a few hours, I experienced shortness of breath when I got stressed and I had a couple of panic attacks while at work. I have not had one now for about 3 weeks. I had been having vivid dreams and sleeping alot, up to 11 hours a day. 2 weeks ago I experienced a run of about six days where I felt completely healthy, but then last Tuesday it came back, not as bad as before mind you. Since its return, I just feel.. off. Again the sensation is impossible to describe. Sometimes I feel a floaty and/or surreal view. Reading on the computer is not fun as words tend to bump into each other. I feel like Im rocking left to right and my head feels cloudy and dim. Im constantly consumed with the downwards feeling. I have a almost grinding noise in my left ear, like theres a little munchkin in there with a pestle and mortar. I have occasional popping sounds and feel like theres water in my ear. This goes away if I tilt my head to meet my shoulder. The only time I feel okay is when Im sitting down on the couch watching tv. As soon as I get up the fog and unbalancy feeling returns. Shadows on the wall seem like they are growing when you look at them, and waves of nauseousness hit.

Im normally a pretty perky person and despite this condition Ive been able to remain my usual self mentally(thus far), but Im getting to the point now where I wish it would stop. I was told it could take months to recover and I held this thought close but boy.. is it a pain in the butt. Its led me to believe that I have been miss-diagnosed or I worry that I have a more serious condition. Im basically posting here to share my thoughts and for re-assurance. Nobody around me knows what im going through and its hard. People soon forget you are sick when theres no physical ailments. If theres a lesson to be learnt from this its that you never know how people are suffering on the inside, and to be more attentive to those who are.

Thanks for reading.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: My case of Laby

My husband had labyrinthitis several years ago. It came on very suddenly and he couldn't work for five weeks, and it took him several more to feel "all better".
I hope you will feel better real soon.

blessings, Sue

Closed Thread