It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #1
(male)

Da joker HB User
Question Constant vision problems 24/7

Okay, well I guess here goes nothing, I have been to every doctor known to man at this point,I just hope this post can help lead to help my problem or help somebody else not feel so alone in a time nobody else believes you, a doctor tells you that you just have anxiety/Depression or you feel your all alone. I have had horrifying vision disturbances for going on 3 1/2 years now and I am 23 years of age. The best way I can describe my symptoms are horrific, but I know that's not specific enough to help so here I go. I have a very non realistic/depersonalization feeling 24/7 not once does this issue give me a break, memory loss/trouble concentrating. Life seems to pass by and I'm not really there but I am, shaky limbs hands and even inside body shaky feeling, pressure feeling in eyes when it's really acting up. I personally do not trust doctors at this point, for I have been blown off so many times and been given to many prescriptions that fail, I can't even quite explain the fear I'm having to my parents and family they simply do not know. Anxiety of course is caused by this issue and only makes it intensify, the doctors tell me I'm anxious, I tell them have my symptoms for 3 years, tell me how you feel. Lol. I wake up the symptoms are there I go to bed, they are there, it's never ending. I sadly learned to cope better and accept it for what it is but it's so dibilitating I can't even work not to mention function. I can't go outside, stores are the worst, I prefer the dark as it does not bother my eyes more than usual my social life has been affected as well,I try to go outside and work through it but simply will not work out. Most of all I miss the sun and my friends. I'm starting to lose all hope and just learning to accept I have something wrong and it won't get ever get fixed, it's depressing in the least! I WILL post back to anybody feel free to message me if you feel this way your not alone keep your head up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
(female)

herbiesmumi HB User
Re: Constant vision problems 24/7

hI,
I am new here too!...i too am in the depths of despair over my debilitating and freaky weird out-of this world symptoms. i have thank-god found this site only today.I am utterly overjoyed at what i am reading- I AM NOT ALONE AFTER ALL!! i cant tell you how good that feels .Right! HERE is how i would describe the symtoms i have been staggering through (quite literally) the last 22 f*****g yrs with- swimmy eyes,blurred vision,slow image catch-up when moving head,imbalance,clumsy,falling sideways,floating,spaced-out,out of body weirdness,difficulty walking in a straight line when walking somewhere busy,mental fog and sluggishness,forgetfullness,confusion,fl uoro lights/busy streets/blarring images make it worse,clicking in ears,ringing in ears....anxiety,fatigue,depression.THESE are in my opinion,having spent the whole day on this site (in between caring for my 1yr old!), the result of a vestibular disorder caused by a virus that floored me way back in 1991.I have never been able to shake this off and have come on here for advice to finally tackle this once and fro all.
BTW i am a 38 yr old mum of 3 from south west UK and have recently also been diagnosed with multiple hormones disorders including -hypothyroid,adrenal fatigue and estrogen dominance.I am tackling these aswell (mostly WITHOUT the docs as they have been nothing short of useless in the whole 22 yrs)
Lets hope we get answers Da Joker- i'm sorry i cant be of much help but just wanted to answer you as this is my first post aswell

hayley

Old 05-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
(male)

Da joker HB User

Damn, that's crazy thanks so much for replying I have you exact same symptoms. It's horrible but I'd assume we are not alone either, u say it was a result of a vestibular virus? If so how to u get diagnosed?

Old 05-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #4
(male)

Da joker HB User

Maybe I could compare symptoms I have my fiancé n family but nobody knows what I go through daily.

Last edited by moderator2; 10-17-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:57 AM   #5
(female)

herbiesmumi HB User

hi,No worries!
I have to say like with virtually everything messed-up with my health-i've had to figure it out myself.The doc's here in the UK are not very good at anything that is'nt textbook and reley FAR too heavily on treating the symtoms anyway (rather than traeting the cause) and so as far as this one goes i have diagnosed myself.I think it's safer that way,rather ironically! sometimes you just have to take yourself out of the system that is actually holding us back and think for ourselves. I found a really good thread on this site, go here-

http://index.healthboards.com/innerear/153727/dizziness-confusion-fatigue/

This is what convinced me that this is what i have.Hope it can help you too!
Let me know what you think....
and yes- you have a foggy friend in me Where in the U.S are you?

Old 10-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #6
(female)

skimordiegirl HB User

Do you both see static or afterimages? You are not alone. Many things can cause it, including inner ear. My dr suspects inner ear but I also have migraine. I have been this way since 2006 and it can get better or worse.... You have to treat the anxiety, i dont to meds tho, to help heal your nervous system.

Last edited by moderator2; 10-17-2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: posted disallowed website

Old 10-18-2012, 05:08 AM   #7
(female)

skimordiegirl HB User

how did yours start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbiesmumi View Post
hI,
I am new here too!...i too am in the depths of despair over my debilitating and freaky weird out-of this world symptoms. i have thank-god found this site only today.I am utterly overjoyed at what i am reading- I AM NOT ALONE AFTER ALL!! i cant tell you how good that feels .Right! HERE is how i would describe the symtoms i have been staggering through (quite literally) the last 22 f*****g yrs with- swimmy eyes,blurred vision,slow image catch-up when moving head,imbalance,clumsy,falling sideways,floating,spaced-out,out of body weirdness,difficulty walking in a straight line when walking somewhere busy,mental fog and sluggishness,forgetfullness,confusion,fl uoro lights/busy streets/blarring images make it worse,clicking in ears,ringing in ears....anxiety,fatigue,depression.THESE are in my opinion,having spent the whole day on this site (in between caring for my 1yr old!), the result of a vestibular disorder caused by a virus that floored me way back in 1991.I have never been able to shake this off and have come on here for advice to finally tackle this once and fro all.
BTW i am a 38 yr old mum of 3 from south west UK and have recently also been diagnosed with multiple hormones disorders including -hypothyroid,adrenal fatigue and estrogen dominance.I am tackling these aswell (mostly WITHOUT the docs as they have been nothing short of useless in the whole 22 yrs)
Lets hope we get answers Da Joker- i'm sorry i cant be of much help but just wanted to answer you as this is my first post aswell

hayley

Closed Thread

Tags
vision problems