It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2012, 07:12 AM   #1
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Glasgow Scotland
Posts: 13
david93 HB User
Unhappy What could this be, i need some sort of direction

Hi everyone, just noticed this forum and signed up as i have a problem with my right ear which i will try and explain my best. Well i'm 18 years old and took a drug called ACCUTANE for 5 months and have devolped some sort of problem with my right ear. My symptoms are ear fullness, outer ear twitching, ear pops (opens) when swallowing and the ear just feels totally different from my left ear. It's hard to explain but also sometimes if a louder noise is near the ear it makes a noise ? I'm waiting for an ent appointment what should i ask for, should i also ask for a scan ? Can anyone give me a direction to what i could have. I've never had any severe problems with my ear untill taking ACCUTANTE

 
Old 05-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Glasgow Scotland
Posts: 13
david93 HB User
Re: What could this be, i need some sort of direction

anyone have an idea ??????

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 05-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #3
Senior Member
(female)
 
boobootwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: london, ontario, canada
Posts: 211
boobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB User
Re: What could this be, i need some sort of direction

just let the ent determine what it is on examination of the ear. sounds like you could have a wax build-up or the villi..(little hairs in the ear) may be disrupted because of the wax. i wouldn't worry too much about it, cause i'm sure it's nothing serious. i suffer from consistent tinnitus, (ringing and fluttering in the ear) which never stops. i've learned to ignore the noise and sometimes when it's bad i'll just listen to music to drown the sounds out. it's irritating, but not serious...just chronic. wait and see what the doc says and don't worry, just try and cope the best you can until your appt.

Last edited by boobootwo; 05-24-2012 at 10:03 AM. Reason: typo

 
Old 05-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Glasgow Scotland
Posts: 13
david93 HB User
Re: What could this be, i need some sort of direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobootwo View Post
just let the ent determine what it is on examination of the ear. sounds like you could have a wax build-up or the villi..(little hairs in the ear) may be disrupted because of the wax. i wouldn't worry too much about it, cause i'm sure it's nothing serious. i suffer from consistent tinnitus, (ringing and fluttering in the ear) which never stops. i've learned to ignore the noise and sometimes when it's bad i'll just listen to music to drown the sounds out. it's irritating, but not serious...just chronic. wait and see what the doc says and don't worry, just try and cope the best you can until your appt.
thank's for the reply it's really frustrating each day, thank's for the reply though.

 
Old 05-24-2012, 03:59 PM   #5
Senior Member
(female)
 
boobootwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: london, ontario, canada
Posts: 211
boobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB User
Re: What could this be, i need some sort of direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidclark1993 View Post
thank's for the reply it's really frustrating each day, thank's for the reply though.
i know...tends to feel weird and can sometimes make you anxious because things seem abnormal. not to worry my dear. you also could have an inner ear infection, but still....you'll be fine until you see the doc. just try to keep your mind busier than your ears...if that makes any sense...lol. best of luck and let me know what the doc has to say...okay?

 
The Following User Says Thank You to boobootwo For This Useful Post:
david93 (05-24-2012)
Old 05-24-2012, 06:46 PM   #6
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Glasgow Scotland
Posts: 13
david93 HB User
Re: What could this be, i need some sort of direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobootwo View Post
i know...tends to feel weird and can sometimes make you anxious because things seem abnormal. not to worry my dear. you also could have an inner ear infection, but still....you'll be fine until you see the doc. just try to keep your mind busier than your ears...if that makes any sense...lol. best of luck and let me know what the doc has to say...okay?
yeh lol, thank's very much, i will let you know when i get the appointment

 
Old 05-24-2012, 08:13 PM   #7
Senior Member
(female)
 
boobootwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: london, ontario, canada
Posts: 211
boobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB User
Re: What could this be, i need some sort of direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidclark1993 View Post
yeh lol, thank's very much, i will let you know when i get the appointment
hi david. are you still taking accutane? if not...when did you stop taking it? accutane is a very strong drug and i've read that it can affect the ears. it may take you a bit before you can see an ent, so just to be on the safe side, if i were you i would make an appt with your gp, so they can check things out sooner. let me know what you find out.

Last edited by boobootwo; 05-24-2012 at 08:21 PM. Reason: addition

 
Old 05-25-2012, 04:58 AM   #8
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Glasgow Scotland
Posts: 13
david93 HB User
Re: What could this be, i need some sort of direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobootwo View Post
hi david. are you still taking accutane? if not...when did you stop taking it? accutane is a very strong drug and i've read that it can affect the ears. it may take you a bit before you can see an ent, so just to be on the safe side, if i were you i would make an appt with your gp, so they can check things out sooner. let me know what you find out.
Hi there, i'm not taking accutane at the moment. I stopped taking it last month, i took it from november to march. I have been to my gp twice and mentioned this, the first time my gp said the ear looked fine then the second time i went i explained that it still felt the same and my gp booked an appointment with and ent. I know my gp said the ear looks fine but my bodys telling me there is something wrong. I just got my ent date through and it's scheduled for june 17th so i need to wait a while but am happy i got a date.

Last edited by david93; 05-25-2012 at 05:10 AM.

 
Old 05-28-2012, 07:59 AM   #9
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Glasgow Scotland
Posts: 13
david93 HB User
Re: What could this be, i need some sort of direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobootwo View Post
hi david. are you still taking accutane? if not...when did you stop taking it? accutane is a very strong drug and i've read that it can affect the ears. it may take you a bit before you can see an ent, so just to be on the safe side, if i were you i would make an appt with your gp, so they can check things out sooner. let me know what you find out.
It's actually july 17th a while away

 
Old 05-28-2012, 08:56 AM   #10
Senior Member
(female)
 
boobootwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: london, ontario, canada
Posts: 211
boobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB User
Re: What could this be, i need some sort of direction

that's not too bad. a few more weeks and at least you'll know exactly what's causing it. all the best. no need to get anxious. let me know after you see the ent...okay?

 
Old 05-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #11
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Glasgow Scotland
Posts: 13
david93 HB User
Re: What could this be, i need some sort of direction

ok i will, thank you

 
Closed Thread




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



bindar (20), studyin (13), Notdiggingdizzy (12), Amy1007 (12), hbep (9), lovineachday (9), Wowwweee (7), warpony2310 (6), IdyllicLife (6), Teetime01 (6)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1164), MSJayhawk (997), Apollo123 (898), Titchou (832), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (758), ladybud (745), sammy64 (666), midwest1 (665), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:41 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!