It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
(male)

deftoniano HB User
Help me- Neuritis vestibular

Hello i am a Spanish boy recently diagnosed with vestibular neuritis. My symptoms started a month and a half.

These symptoms are: I spend all day and "in other world" confusion, inability to focus well in markets.Continous Irealidad sensation.

These symptoms are from the moment I wake until I go to bed. Apart from the feeling of "in other worl" every time I move my head or I'm moving, I feel like my perception is changed, ie things are not my head still and move if not moving when I move my head .

Are these symptoms normal vestibular neuritis?

My question is because these symptoms started suddenly one evening while on the computer. I the night before I begin these symptoms marijuana consumers but in the morning I woke up and it was perfect until the afternoon when the symptoms began.

Could have been related to marijuana? so although I was diagnosed with right unilateral hypofunction associated with neuritis I think it really could be a depression or psychogenic dizziness.

The caloric test results:

44L (left ear to 44 degrees) freq =52 spv = 14,1
44R (right ear to 44 degrees) freq = 36 spv = -6.9

30L 41 freq = -18.2 spv
30R freq = 44 spv = 12,5

spontaneous: 0

SPV un weakr : 25 %
So here the doctor said it was a right unilateral hypofunction of 25%.

The three tests also made ​​me more:

1 - vemps (100 decibels): results right ear p1 = n1 = 27.67 17.33 = 34.66 amp

left ear p1 = n1 = 18.67 12.67 = 48.14 amp

2-audiometry: normal

3 - Test Impulsive Cephalic: the doctor saw that by doing so the eye is directed to the left. (The saw using a vectonistamografia)

I have 23 years, I'm allergic to pollen. more concerned with what I have is the feeling of "being out of touch" some blurred vision especially when there is less light that makes me feel weird in dim light.

I am currently rehabbing with the Semont ball.

Could be linked with depression all from the consumption of marijuana?

When I was little I had infection in right ear, I think I have been hypofunction always have and therefore, these results also did a little 25% is not it?

Additional information: I have not had spontaneous nystagmus at any time. I did a brain scan (CT) and came out normal. Normal blood analysis.

In no time I had nausea, vomiting and imbalance. My balance is perfect

My doctor says it's vestibular neuritis neuritis but on the first day imbalance causes nausea and I have not had those symptoms.

Only continuous dizziness, feeling drunk to go, be gone, blurred vision especially at night.these symptoms are worse in supermarkets or in places with many lights or movement

I can not remove or night or day. Any advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2012, 09:07 AM   #2
(female)

alborde HB User
Re: Help me- Neuritis vestibular

You mention that you are doing rehab exercises.
My best advice is to continue to do the exercises.
The most important thing now is not to try to figure out how and when you got the problem or the severity of it according to the caloric testing.

The most is important thing is to move forward with your life and get better!

And the best way to do that is to do the exercises.
Also, as much as you can, continue with your normal life.
Go to the supermarket, go to other stores, go to places with lights.
Challenge yourself.
It will be hard. And you may need to take a nap after you go to the supermarket.
If your problem is only in one ear, you can train your brain to pay attention to your good ear.
Take care!

Old 05-29-2012, 06:42 AM   #3
(male)

deftoniano HB User
Re: Help me- Neuritis vestibular

alborde thanks.I have a number of questions, about the feelings that I have more annoying.

The first is whether the continuing sense of unreality better.

The second is that I have to walk or move I have the feeling that things are not still. Is that a symptom of neuritis? Improvement?

The third I've improved some things, and I have no sense of "sail" and it is easier to focus on shopping centers.

Will they improve one two? my oto-neurologist told me I had a unilateral vestibular hypofunction 25% Is little or a lot?

Indeed it is best not to take medication? antidepressant could help me or else you could use the process of compensation? (I know that the anxiolytics are not good at inner disordem, but an antidepressant)

THanks

Closed Thread