It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2012, 09:33 AM   #1
(female)

eugeniajoy HB User
Over 9 months with VN but now feeling better

Hi everyone suffering from vn...I always said I'd post my story once I started feeling better. I suffered with this for over 9 months and now coming up to a year I am feeling so much better. Still have moments where my equilibrium is slightly off but it keeps getting better.

I tell my story briefly but just wanted everyone to know it can take more than 3 months to get over this stuff and it doesn't necessarily mean you have migranes induced vertigo....it just means that your vn is stubborn and going to take a little longer.

anyway my vn started september 6 of last year --- bad dizziness, couldn't move... the usual stuff. I lay on the couch for 2 weeks wondering what the heck is the matter with me....went to GP....who sent me to a physio. The physio actually diagnosed me by doing the goggle test and she said no doubt you have vn. by the by I was still sent to an ent who basically also confirmed diagnosis. I have also since had an mri which shows nothing also.

I did all the physio exercises for months and was still suffering by December of 2011. Everyone told me oh you should be over this maybe it was MAV (migrane asssociated vertigo) by my GP said no way.

Long story short I am now 95 per cent better and it only took about 10 / 11 months!! It slowly and progressivley got better but it took a lot of perserverance and alot of relaxation.

So please don't think you are going to get over this quickly. You may but like me it may take a lot of time (and patience)

Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eugeniajoy For This Useful Post:
boic (08-12-2012), Chipper1945 (08-06-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2012, 05:11 AM   #2
(female)

cold247 HB User
Re: Over 9 months with VN but now feeling better

That is such great news! I've been dealing with dizziness for 10 months now with no improvement. I did VRT for 6 weeks and while I thought I was getting somewhat better, in the end I went back to feeling dizzy. Maybe I didn't continue with it long enough?? I'd love to hear more about what might have helped with your recovery!

Closed Thread