It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2012, 06:22 AM   #1
(male)

jimmyc123 HB User
is this really happening?

I am wondering what the recovery process felt like for some successful survivors of labynthitis or related conditions?

Did anyone actually just wake up feeling normal again?

It's really driving me mad, I keep feeling like I am getting better and the next day I feel like I'm just taking a step back. I start uni in less than 4 weeks and this has been going on for just over 3 weeks now. I feel so restricted to what I can do. I started regaining my balance and had a few good days within the first week so I can't quite understand this process, feels like my brain and body is totally useless that it can't even compensate properly and fight a little virus.

I don't feel majorly depressed, im just totally fed up and I don't think I could keep going on like this. Worrys me to think this is my life forever. May aswell top myself if this is how its going to be.

Start uni in less than 4 weeks, and I have to psyche myself up just to walk to the shop.

I hate this. Totally ruined my life just when things were looking up!

Rant over.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:08 AM   #2
(female)

florida31 HB Userflorida31 HB User
Re: is this really happening?

Hi there
Well I'm sorry to say but I am the same as you ,I am now on week 6 and still not at work and have only driven very short distances on a very good day ! which is not often,as you I have a day where I feel a bit better then days of really bad balance and feeling really awful I too would like to know if we will wake up one day and feel normal again!
Have you had any tests etc done ?,I've heard if it is Labrythitus then its viral and has to work its way out on its own ! ,have also spoken to lots of friends of friends and they have had it around 4 months and still hanging around but not as bad ,the thought of that reduces me to tears as I have no life at the moment.
Sorry I'm not much help but thought by replying you would know your not alone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
inner ear, labrynthitis, vestibular disorders