It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2012, 07:00 AM   #1
(male)

mx740 HB User
suffering vertigo

My life is a MESS. On April I had my first vertigo attack and I have residual symptoms after that. The worst is a constant... CONSTANT, swaying leaning sensation, unsteady off balanced feeling esp when sitting still.

Due to that I've dropped out of school. My father, because of his disappointment in me left the family and now I'm left with my mother trying to make ends meet. I don't know why I'm posting this here, but it seems to be my only redemption. Since my Father provides all the income, we have no money and we are going broke soon. And it seems that my symptoms are only getting worse. I am afraid to go out, since it only makes me feel worse both physically and emotionally, all my friends never cares.

Its so funny, 5 months ago i was a completely happy, normal 16 year old boy, now I've lost everything. My family, my health and my desire to carry on. Every night I cry in bed, looking up at the dark ceiling pondering why this happens to me, only to awake to another dizzy and heart-wrenching day of suffering, relieving all the thing I've lost. The worse thing is not witnessing hope, not even a glimpse of it. I am truly suffering

Last edited by Administrator; 09-09-2012 at 03:02 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to mx740:
palmtreegirl (09-07-2012)
Old 09-07-2012, 07:51 AM   #2
(female)

palmtreegirl HB Userpalmtreegirl HB Userpalmtreegirl HB Userpalmtreegirl HB User
re: suffering vertigo

You need to get medical help somehow. It sounds like you may need to see an ENT. You have not indicated whether you have been seen or treated since April. Please find a way to get to a doctor, and keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2012, 08:32 AM   #3
(female)

Hugsnkisses HB User
Wink re: suffering vertigo

First off, you need to know that your Dad left because he is a selfish man to put his wants first before his family's needs. Second, go see an ear nose and throat doctor. Your vertigi/dizziness can probably be remedied easily.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-09-2012 at 02:58 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Hugsnkisses:
maryum (09-09-2012)
Old 09-09-2012, 12:35 AM   #4
(female)

florida31 HB Userflorida31 HB User

Hi there
How awful for you and yr mum ,i'm sure you are not the reason for yr father leaving but it just feels like it at the moment ,I too am suffering these awful symptoms and as someone already posted ! have you seen any health professional ?

surely there is someone way of getting health care ? even without insurance.
Please please do try and speak to someone who can support you,its so awful you feel this way.x

Last edited by Administrator; 09-09-2012 at 02:58 AM.

Old 09-09-2012, 02:34 AM   #5
(male)

mx740 HB User

I have had an vng test and it reviewed that I have a sixty plus weakness to my right ear. That was the only test that came back negative. However the doctor said that the test wasn't accurate and two months later I went for another MRI and vng. This time everything was negative. I also done all sorts of vertigo tests and all came back negative. I've done a posturalgrapy and my balance was quite off. Now I do not know where to continue. Doctor says need time, but I do not have the time nor patience. Where to I go from here...

Old 09-09-2012, 02:47 AM   #6
(female)

maryum HB User

ok. i m not a medical expert will try getting bac to u with som good starting point. all the best

Last edited by maryum; 09-09-2012 at 08:15 AM.

Old 09-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #7
(female)

Re: suffering vertigo

Hi there
Wow so sounds like you have had lots of tests around vertigo !,so what do they mean by time ? is that meaning it will go on its own ? whatever it is ? and what is a ving test ? as never heard of that ?,I wish I could advise you where to go next ! but I've only had an MRI test done so far in 8 weeks which I get the results of tomorrow ! and haven't been referred to anybody at all so far .
I do hope someone on here can help you,just sorry I don't know what avenue to suggest next.
Chin up and I hope things improve for you,please keep us posted.x

Old 09-16-2012, 04:50 AM   #8
(male)

mx740 HB User

what should i do now? everyday im having these symptoms and my emotions gets messier as the day progresses. Doctors say could be anxiety but NO NO NO! something else is going on!!!!!! DAMN IT

Old 09-19-2012, 12:28 PM   #9
(female)

Smile Re: suffering vertigo

Hi Teetime !
Just checking in to see how you got on at yr hospital app on Monday ?
Hope alls good ? any feedback ?.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:22 AM   #10
(male)

mx740 HB User

Hi florida. I am now left with a constant falling, swaying, pushing type of sensation when i sit still. it is relieved by physical motion or resting my head on someplace solid. everyday i have the tight throat, unreal fuzzy fainty type of sensation which last for nearly the whole day. i have tinnitus in my left ear but its only for like 10 seconds. mri vng cervical xrays vemp hearing test are ALL normal. slight weak balance during posturalgraphy test. seems at my balance is not too good with my eyes closed. what can i do now. I get tired easily too. im only 16, sigh whats wrong with me.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:22 AM   #11
(female)

Oh poor you ,I cant believe that all those tests were mainly normal ?,how strange !.
Have they recommended trying any other tests ? although it does sound like you have had alot already lol ,I can see how it must be so frustrating for you ! ,have you tried any meds at all ?,I am currently on SERC ! but not sure its doing anything to be honest but my symptoms are far less now than they were and I remember how scary it really is.
i do hope they can give you some answers ! even if to help ease sme of those awful symptoms ((((.

Old 09-21-2012, 05:14 AM   #12
(male)

mx740 HB User

Yeah. It's so unfair.it has caused me to lose so much already. I just wanted to feel normal again. I've read people that suffer from this rocking swaying boat semsation for decades and that really worries me to a great extent.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:43 AM   #13
(female)

izzie7 HB User

Hello, I just read your post and I'm suffering through the same thing. It's horrible isn't it? Everything is an absolute struggle. How are you feeling now? Any progress?

Old 11-12-2012, 11:13 AM   #14
(female)

Hi
I'm glad to report I am a lot better now,although still not right but slowly slowly,my walking is nearly back to normal and the meds definitely help a bit.
I have a physio app this week and hoping they will give me some balance exercises to help as its the leaning forward and rolling over that's still the worst and its over 4 months now since it all began ,I wonder will I ever be back to normal !!!!!!.
Thanks everyone.x

Old 11-13-2012, 07:53 AM   #15
(female)

ffluffy gramma HB User

I know how you feel. I'm dizzy/off balance 24/7. Came on overnight and keep hoping I'll wake up one day and it will be gone. Glad you are feeling much better. Take care

Reply Reply