It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2012, 08:06 AM   #1
(male)

Cthulhu HB User
high pitched sound causing weird side effects for over 2 years

Hi,
I'm a musician and 2 years ago I was recording guitar and my ear got exposed to feedback for a few (around 3sec) seconds. Almost immediately my left ear (the one towards at the speaker the moment of the feedback) started having a burning sensation and was blocked (the volume of the sound was not loud at all).After that, any loud noise made my ear hurt and to become blocked.I even used to wear earplugs walking outside on the street because of the pain car horns were causing me. I used to hold my nose with my hand and close my mouth and blow wind to my ears to unblock the left ear.That seemed to help for a few seconds but after that my ear blocked again.I always have this feeling and I can't listen very well when mixing cds.I'm forced to do the above "trick" over and over again and it really gets to my nerves.I went to two doctors and the only thing they came up with was to use a spray to "clean" my nose.I did that but it didn't help.Last week I went to a concert taking place in open space and while I was far away and all the people I talked to were feeling very comfortable with the loudness of the music (believe me it wasn't that loud) the high frequencies were causing my ear to hurt so I left.(I had forgotten to take my earplugs with me).All the previous symptoms returned.Between the first incident and the concert the symptoms were there at some - very much-irritating degree but now it's all over again.What do I have to do in order not to be forced to wear earplugs all the time and be able to mix music like a normal person?Also when my little daughter speaks I always tell her to talk softly and I'm sure this irritates her too.sorry for the long post.Anyone had a similar experience and what did you do to overcome it
Help!!!!
Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2012, 01:24 AM   #2
(male)

Cthulhu HB User
Re: high pitched sound causing weird side effects for over 2 years

anyone? any ideas?

Reply Reply