It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
(male)

Jman6807 HB User
Question Labyrinthitis and Anxiety?

For about six years I have been suffering from unexplained anxiety. Prior to this I went practically deaf for a week or so and then my hearing slowly came back(I also drove myself into a series of traumatic panic attacks because I thought I was going deaf and my family was on vacation and paid no mind to my issue at the time, I was sixteen and just didn't understand what was happening). Symptoms included with the anxiety are a lack of balance, depression and derealization, ringing in my ears occasionally, nausea, headaches and some slight blurred vision. Those symptoms still come and go, from time to time, but the anxiety or panic attacks remain, and they come with a heavy dose of derealization, and now this is all kind of shaped my life. I spend my days trying to just progress but I'm 22 and still don't have the courage to tackle college because I can't handle my home life and part time job(that I somehow manage to keep). All that ranting and crying aside, it wasn't until last night that I even heard of Labyrinthitis(So I have never been diagnosed by a doctor with it). I came on this board with hope that somebody on here knows of a situation similar to mine. I never had anxiety like this, or any of these issues prior to that vacation. Could it have been Labyrinthitis years ago? If so, could this intense anxiety I have been living with be linked to it? Is there treatment? I will likely still go to my doctor but, it's Kaiser Permanente, even if I want to see an ENT I probably won't get to see one for a month or two. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this, and thank you to anyone with information they could provide me with on hearing issues and anxiety.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2012, 04:37 AM   #2
(male)

mx740 HB User
Re: Labyrinthitis and Anxiety?

Hi, I am no doctor but I’d like to take this time to reply since I’m in a similar situation like you. Labyrinthitis often starts off with a period of intense vertigo, meaning your surroundings are spinning violently and your eyes are constanly moving. Followed by months of compensation period.
The worst part of it is intense vertigo. It would help if you give me a list of your symptoms. Bear in mind it does get better.
Im 16 and currently have anxiety but I suspect is inner ear related. However all inner ear tests are normal. You can be surprised the tricks your mind does to make you go crazy. Do keep in touch. We are not the worst yet.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

studyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB User
Re: Labyrinthitis and Anxiety?

Hi Jman,

What you are describing fits migraine associated vertigo (MAV) very well. Do you experience light and/ or sound sensitivity? Have a look on the web for mvertigo. You can most definitely treat this and return to normal.

S

Reply Reply