It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2013, 06:19 AM   #16
(female)

xkhmx HB User
Re: Depersonalisation & depression caused by inner ear problem

My depression from it eventually got really bad, so I went to see a psychiatrist for medicine and he put me on a low dose of Lexapro. It immediately helped my mood, I didn't have horrible mood swings and anxiety after. The depersonalization is still here though, I think it's something that will go away in time, I hope it does. But the medicine helped so much just with my mood.

Old 12-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #17
(female)

biteneck HB Userbiteneck HB Userbiteneck HB User

Hi Kimberley,
I have been having problems since March 2012 with inner ear damage. I thought this summer that I was better but hit badly again in September while out grocery shopping. I felt like I was going to die or pass out. It felt like I was in a bad dream and could not get out. Did you ever experience anything like that? I think it might be the depersonalization and dreamy feeling but with anxiety added to it. I'm not so scared to go outside and forget about driving. I have a panic attack almost thinking about driving. I am so depressed and have major anxiety. It's so frustrating because I loved driving and would never have thought twice about getting into the car and driving somewhere. Can you please tell me if you think the anti-depressant seemed to help with the depersonalization and dreamy feelings? I really need to compensate but I feel the anxiety is keeping me from healing fully. Oh, did you feel like your head had a band around it or anything like that? About 90% of the time I feel like my head has pressure or a banding feeling above my ears. Any information would be appreciated.
Thank you and I'm happy to hear you are feeling better. I have an appointment with my inner ear doctor this Friday and am hoping he can help me out. I think I am going to ask about anti-depressants too.
Thanks again!
Nicole

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #18
(female)

Hi Manybikes,
I too am having problems from inner ear damage. Told I had vestibular neuritis last May 2012 and thought I was getting a lot better over this summer until end of September I thought I was going to pass out or die. Felt like I was in a very bad dream and couldn't wake up. Ever since then I have not driven anywhere and have major anxiety and am afraid to go outside by myself. I wanted to ask if you can tell me when your depersonalization went away? Like, how long do you feel it lasted?
Thank you!!

Old 01-25-2014, 06:25 PM   #19
(female)

Hi Manybikes,
May I ask what inner ear problem you had and how long it carried on for you? I was feeling better last summer 2013 with little dizzies and only a few moments of feeling the derealization. Unfortunately, back in September, I felt really uneasy and like I was in a dream. It was like my brain was in a bad dream or coma that it could not break out of. I've had this happen about 8 times since. Did you ever feel that bad with the dreamy/derealization? I just don't understand why it's bothering me so bad now. I also am getting dizzies in stores again and last year I felt ok there.

Please let me know how long you dealt with this and how long the derealzation/depersonalization went on until it faded away completely? I am so depressed and now agoraphobic because I'm afraid to feel this way. I am afraid to do anything in fear of passing out. I feel so uncomfortable outside at nighttime. Very disoriented and unreal and scary. Please let me know how you are and if there is anything I can do to speed up recovery. My caloric testing of the ENG showed 25% unilateral weakness but the inner ear doctor I saw in Dec 2013, just told me that isn't too bad and that I have migraine associated vertigo.
Anyway, I hope you're still doing well. I appreciate any advice and answers.
Thanks and take care,
Nicole
PS-Do you think antidepressant would help me with my anxiety and depression from all this?

Reply Reply