It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #1
(female)

gemc93x HB User
Build up of ear wax causing clicking in head?

Hello

About 6 months ago after my left ear popped, I lost my hearing in it for a while, went to the docs and was prescribed ear drops for both my ears after being told I had a build up of wax. After a few weeks, my hearing returned and my doctor agreed my ears looked better. However recently, for the last couple of months, I have been experiencing a clicking noise in my head randomly, even just when sitting still. I can feel it and sometimes it is louder than others. I cannot pinpoint exactly where it is, whether it is in my ear canal or in my head. Does anybody know whether this could be a symptom of all the wax not being removed from my hear? I have searched online but cannot seem to find anything about this clicking. It doesnt hurt. When I yawn it does feel as though my ears are full and pop very very slightly. I have been going mad thinking the clicking in my head is something serious! I have been suffering from stress for the last few months too, anybody got any ideas?

Thanks a lot!
xx

Old 10-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #2
(female)

border234 HB User
Re: Build up of ear wax causing clicking in head?

Hi, you likely have a build up of wax again. If you have wax touching the ear drum or nearly occluding the ear canal then you may hear crackling or clicking with jaw movements. If your primary is unwilling to remove it, you should see an ENT. They will clean the ears and then you can determine if the clicking is still present. Drops usually only soften wax and do not fully remove the wax from the canal. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply