It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
(female)

tiredofthispoop HB User
Red face labryith hemorhage/vertigo/hearing loss...possiblly hormone related?

Hi all and thanks for reading. Just a quick note, I'm on my smartphone so please forgive the bad spelling and typos. I'm in the midst of a vertigo attack now, so I'm not really caring about my grammer.
Sept 1 I ended up having such bad vertigo it lasted for 3 days. After extreme dehydration from vomitting I go to the hospital and stay for 4 days. I had countless tests done to rule out brain tumors and strokes.
After finally seeing a ent, he orders another MRI. Turns out I had a bleed in my inner ear. They are pretty rare unless you have trauma. Unless my husband beat me senseless in my sleep and never knew, trauma isn't a factor. It left me with 90% hearing loss in right ear and balance issues. After getting a steriod shot in my eardrum I did notice a little change in my hearing and balance.
Now, a little past info. I'm 36. I have 3 children, the youngest being 9 months old. I was breastfeeding and started my 2 period (back from having the baby) when this happened. The thing I find interesting was the period was the brown blood (sorry for getting gross, but I'm desperate to find help) . Yesterday I started to get vertigo again, but only lasted a couple of hours and its the end of my period. Today I ended up with sudden vertigo and having brown blood again. This us making me believe this could be hormonal.
I have seen a neuro Dr, ent, hematologist, oncolist..all trying to find out the spontaneous ear bleed a little over 2 months ago. They have no idea.
I thought I was in the clear from any mo re vertigo problems until yesterday. My husband did a hormone check on me ( he does FDN fictional diagnostic nutrition) and all my hormones have bottomed out. It also said I'm premenipausal.
So, now I know I don't have a crazy blood disorder or cancer I'm leaning towards hormones. So anyone out there shed light for me. What have you done that has helped? I have 3 kids, I cannot stay in bed for days like this. Thank you for reading and responding!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply