It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2012, 06:29 AM   #1
(female)

JPMom HB User
Unhappy Humming in ear constantly - when I tilt head or someone talks, it goes away

Hello - I've been having right ear problems for the past year or so - but no previous ear issues prior. I woke up with a humming noise in my ear (similar to an air conditioner or fridge running in your ear) that lasted about a month. Went away for a month and came back for another couple weeks. During this time I went to an ENT who said I have Menieres Disease b/c I have some very mild hearing loss.

Then it totally went away from June to now. The last couple weeks it's been rearing it's ugly head, but the weird thing is that if I tilt my head real fast, it goes away for that split second. Also, it appears that if someone talks close to me, it goes away when they are talking (comes back when stop talkinG) and if a loud car drives by, it goes away for that time. What does this sound like? I'm scared.

I am concerned I have some nerve damage or something. If there's something that can be done, sign me up.

Thanks.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #2
(female)

D4ofUs HB User
Re: Humming in ear constantly - when I tilt head or someone talks, it goes away

JPMom, how are you feeling these days? Your post is a little old but I amalso having the same symptoms and was wondering if you got better or if you figure out what was the problem. I'll say a prayer for you. Be well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #3
(female)

62moonshine HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4ofUs View Post
JPMom, how are you feeling these days? Your post is a little old but I amalso having the same symptoms and was wondering if you got better or if you figure out what was the problem. I'll say a prayer for you. Be well.

Old 09-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #4
(female)

62moonshine HB User

Don't know if this is the same thing that I have, but I've noticed the noise in my ears comes and goes with sinus pressure. Inflammation of the nasal and ear canals can cause ringing, humming or wooshing sounds. I take Ibuprofen and it helps a lot. It's not a good idea to take Ibuprofen for long periods of time, because it's hard on your liver. Hope this helps.

Reply Reply