It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
(female)

Redsally HB User
Questions concerning bppv

Hello to all!
Some of these questions may seem repetitive but would like to know.
This is going on my second week of having bppv,had it several other times this year but could usually treat it on my own with the dizzy fix. This time is a little different in the fact that it won't go away. Doing basically the epley every day and sometimes at least three times a day. For a period last week nothing was moving (and as a result I felt like I was on a boat and mild head aches )then one day I felt the vertigo while doing the exercises. Kept doing them daily thought it would clear up. My right ear is affected went and had a hearing test fine went to an ent he said I had bppv did the epley and he asked me to demonstrate the hat(dizzy fix) nothing really changes .still get the eyes moving around doing the exercise. Anyway I was reading on this forum with someone else that perhaps its possible to get the particles in the horizontal canal so try doing the log roll if the epley isn't giving relief? Feel a little vertigo when laying on right side and stomach. Does that mean it is in the horizontal canal to along with the poster?
Anyway feeing frustrated as I'm sure everyone else has too. Just weird because befor it went away with the exercises how many rocks are in there.? Any advice on techniques or if perhaps its in another canal?
Thank you

Old 12-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Questions concerning bppv

I haven't done research for a while on how to tell what canal it's in, but I think it may have something to do with the way that the eyes move during nystagmus.

Some of the symptoms that you're having could also be where in the canal the stuff is sitting and for you it might be stuck on the cupula rather than moving through the canal. So in essence, you need to get it off and through the canal.

Since you do know what ear you have it in, do a search in videos for the Semont maneuver.

Would you mind to explain the hat (dizzy fix) you do?

q

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #3
(male)

warpony2310 HB Userwarpony2310 HB Userwarpony2310 HB Userwarpony2310 HB User
Re: Questions concerning bppv

Hi ,

I have had bppv 14 years and my doctor I have now, cleared both ears after 14years.

1. make sure you do the epley on both ears ( or hall pike ) one ear ,one week at a time .

2. Lay on your back for 2 0r 3 months when you sleep.

3. Log roll is good if you still have (nystagmus) Note : Your doctor could be doing the epley wrong or you may need a vibrating device placed behind the ear when doing the epley. (this was done with me ).

4. Boat feeling tells me you have particles in wrong place.

5. Work on one ear at a time (clear it ) no nystagmus ( jerking of your eyes ) move on to next ear.

Good luck

Reply Reply