It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
(male)

boic HB Userboic HB User
Labyrinthitis/VN not healed after 7 months?

Hi Guys,

Well I started out on this forum around july time if I can remember rightly when I first started getting vertigo spells.

I finally caved into my fears and took myself to see a nurse at first. She told me I had what she thought was an inner ear infection after Id explained all of my symptoms to her. She told me to go see my GP if it didnt improve..

So.. I did! Went to my GP. He looked in my ears (Yeah I know like you're going to be able to see the inner ear from there!) and said I didnt have any inner ear infection at all and that my problem was due to low blood pressure from not eating regular meals. But.. my blood pressure is normally fine! I took it and it read 120/81! Thats a really good measurement of blood pressure, and even with that I was slightly stressed whilst taking it.

Blood glucose Ive measured several times too.. 5.0 mmol (UK blood glucose level) and I looked that up to find that was perfectly good too!)

Told my GP my blood pressure and glucose, and he said the glucose was borderline, which kind of made me scrunch my face up in surprise.. I didnt really believe that it was though.

Still though, I sometimes get a pain in my head.. forehead usually. I also see what appears to be a blue spot.. only small! Like a very small blue dot in my vision.. and only one of them! Also.. you know how when you stand up too quick sometimes and you see those little stars that spurt around in your vision? at times I also get those too when I panic.

I nearly completely blacked out in one of my university lectures just the other week, I could feel my neck suddenly tighten up. All I'd eaten that day for breakfast quickly before my lecture was a few digestive biscuits. I know.. not good.. but it happened way too soon after Id eaten to be connected I think. maybe 20-30 minutes after? I also get the same at times when I eat a high protein food like nuts too.

There's a funny feeling I get in my temple too, and a strange sensation just above my right eyebrow. Feels like there's something taped to it.. thats the only way I can describe it when it happens. I know this to be anxiety related at least.. I have OCD and PTSD.

I get vertigo still when moving my eyes too quick at certain times.. and also it usually happens when Im stood near the sink washing something too. Not sure why.. watching water swish around also sends me into a spin.

Just wondering really why I still feel this way so long after the infection? I get pain right behind the ears at times, and Im not sure what this is. Eating enough Vitamin B12, Iron and Folate now I believe too with no difference. Is the anxiety sort of prolonging this? anyone had any experience dealing with inner ear disorders themselves and having an anxiety disorder? If so.. what did/would you do?

P.S Forgot to add.. My GP is sending me to see a psychologist in the new year, so just waiting to see that consultant.

Last edited by boic; 12-22-2012 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply