It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
(male)

fishy8158 HB User
Hearing rubberband in my ear

On my left ear, I hear rubber band sound when I move my ears. I am not having any hearing problems, or pain. If I use my finger and try to put it in my ear, I get this similar sound but sounds a bit like liquid in my ears. Another note, I don't remember water or anything going into my ears. Any advice or guesses on what this might be? Thanks in advance.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User
Eustatian tube issue.Do you have tmj? I had tonnitus Ans when is move my head one ear would clog.i thought it was water.ENT gave antibiotics but it never stopped.After many test turned out ut was from clenching my teeth in my sleep and a maxillary surgeon made me a soft splint to sleep with. healed within a week.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Hearing rubberband in my ear

You could try a sinus rinse to see if that helps. I use the NeilMed squirt bottle that I mix the packets with filtered water.

Are you sure you don't have water in your ears? Maybe get your doctor to check it out anyway. Just showering is easy to have water slip in and sit there.

q

Old 01-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
(male)

fishy8158 HB User

Thanks for the post and advices. I went to the doctor today and it turns out that theres a hair that was stuck in my ears, and maybe it was poking my eardrums so it made a rubber band noise sometimes. I don't know how it got there. But its removed .Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to fishy8158 For This Useful Post:
BillyBob2007 (01-09-2013)
Old 01-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Awesome! weird stuff, maybe from your last haircut....
Good to hear you now have relief.

q

Reply Reply

Tags
ear, hearing