It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #1
(male)

connor228 HB User
Unhappy Ringing in ears and microsuction!

Hi, I'm a 17 year old male and since last year in March I have had ringing in my ears. This all started when I had an ear infection and a lot of wax. The doc gave me some ear spray to use to clear it up. During the infection I had the ringing, however once the infection cleared it disappeared.

On a return visit the doc sent me to an ENT to get all of the wax out of my ears. The ENT removed the wax with a pincer and then went on to clear out the remaining wax with the microsuction tool.

Ever since that day I have had ringing in my ears. I should mention that the suction was very loud and squeely. I am wondering what could have caused the ringing?

NOTE: My ears are currently quite itchy(inside the ear) and smell really bad at this moment in time.

Last edited by connor228; 01-07-2013 at 06:01 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #2
(male)

BillyBob2007 HB User
Re: Ringing in ears and microsuction!

Connor. Have you figured out anything about the itch? I've had a lot of itchiness in my ears too. I'm not sure what the cause it but lately I've also had a significant amount of scaling outside the ear canal. At times I've used baby oil or mineral oil just to lubricate and give some relief to the itchiness. Having dealt with the dog grooming business I've wondered if maybe it was due to something along the lines of ear mites or bed bugs. I don't discount anything as being possible.
I've had tinnitus for several years which I am not sure what caused it. I was an avid scuba diver some 30+ years ago. There was an incident when I was running a chain saw and the muffler fell off but I kept running it to cut the trees I was working on. The combination of all these things along with several other job related incidents make me believe the loud noises contributed to my condition. No doubt that most tinnitus is caused by things happening that are mechanical in nature. The hairs inside the cochlea are somewhat brittle and can break off. It is my understanding that they do not repair themselves and do not regenerate. If pressure or swelling in the ear is related to tinnitus then it may subside but if there is cochlear damage then not likely there will be a cure. I do know that my tinnitus seems to be more pronounced after smoking or drinking coffee. From time to time I can tell a definite and sometimes distinctive change in pitch and volume of the bothersome noise. As for my hearing people speaking it is really weird at times that one person speaking at a lesser volume can be understood clearly while someone else who may be louder seems to have parts of words muffled to the point that I have trouble deciphering what they are saying though I can hear them perfectly well. For this reason I usually turn up the volume on the television to get the complete words that are being spoken by some people.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #3
(male)

connor228 HB User

Yes, my ears do have scaly and dry skin also. I got a large clump of dark wax out of my ear couple of hours ago and it seems to have reduced the tinnitus a bit.

Also, when I did visit the doctor during the infection he also said I had eczema and gave me a cream to apply. It seems this might have reappeared again.

P.S. I wear a headset a lot of the time for my computer and the bacteria might be building up on it.

Last edited by connor228; 01-09-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:12 PM   #4
(male)

BillyBob2007 HB User

If you're doing the headset a lot... like several hours / day... I'd suspect them contributing to the situation. Maybe cleaning with a sterilizing solution or chunking them in the trash and buying a new set. For one thing, the ears need ventilation and oxygen. If you're careful and cautious you can irrigate your ears easily with hydrogen peroxide or even a warm water saline solution (salt water). There is also an easy home remedy solution that can help using alcohol & vinegar. You should look up a reference on it but if memory serves me correctly it is equal parts of each. My doctor told me to do this as a precaution for swimmer's ear which I had many bouts with from swimming in public swimming pools with heavily chlorinated water.

Reply Reply

Tags
tinnitus