It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
(female)

biteneck HB Userbiteneck HB Userbiteneck HB User
diagnosed with vestibular neuritis

I was diagnosed with vestibular neuritis in May and then vestibular migraine in June 2012 by a neurologist. I've been not well since beginning of March. I got thie VN right after getting over a sinus infection. I am very scared to drive in fear that I'll get the out of it feeling like woozy or I'm not there feeling. Has anyone had these feelings?

I am also afraid of getting the visual where things look like they are bouncing rapidly and I can't focus.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-14-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Old 06-29-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
(female)

Re: Treatment of vestibular neuritis 2009

Hi Stargrave:
I was diagnosed with VN in May and then vestibular migraine in June 2012 by a neurologist. I've been not well since beginning of March. I got thie VN right after getting over a sinus infection. I was wondering if you are any better now? I see these postings are old but wondering if you are ok now. I am very scared to drive in fear that I'll get the out of it feeling like woozy or I'm not there feeling. Have you had these feelings? I am also afraid of getting the visual where things look like they are bouncing rapidly and I can't focus. Please let me know how you are feeling and if these symptoms were anything like yours at the end.
Thank you and feel well!
Nicole

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2012, 07:53 AM   #3
(female)

Hi Emma,
How are you feeling now? How long did it finally take to notice you were over VN, if you are. I was diagnosed with VN in May 2012 with symptoms since March 2012. I do have better days now but still feel funny in stores. I got really woozy and almost pass out/faint feeling in Barnes and Noble just this pass Monday. Did you feel that way with this? I feel so disoriented and strange in the head while in most stores. It's almost like a funhouse without the fun part. It scares me and I am afraid to drive because of this. I get feeling like a strange dream-state feeling. Please let me know if you felt this way at all and how you are doing now.
Thanks!
Praying we're all getting better!
Nicole

Old 07-20-2012, 07:57 AM   #4
(female)

Hi Emma, AND Anyone else with/who had VN
Please help...how long until any of you noticed it was gone.

I forgot to ask if you had headaches more than usual with this VN too. I didn't ever have headaches. I had my head hurt once in a great while, but this really sucks. There's pressure on both sides of my head above my ears.
Thank you!
Nicole

Old 12-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #5
(female)

Cassie6666 HB User

I have had vn since aug,finally started therapy in nov. seemed to really help a lot with balance and a lot of the vision stuff still feel a little off in some stores and at the park. But I still have a lot a nausea and face flushing. Also have constant thoughts of getting old and other things like that that never bothered me before this.does anyone else have these crazy constant thoughts . Im only 42 and worrying about what happens at 70-80

Old 12-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #6
(female)

Hi Cassie:
I understand the crazy thoughts. I think it's the depression and anxiety that comes along with this. I am still very nervous to drive because I get feelings in the head like I'm dreaming or that things aren't real. Have you felt this way? I do worry about the future and did not feel like this before it all hit me. It's very frustrating and depressing because I feel like my life is over. But I have a 11-month old baby girl who I need to be my old self again.

I hope you feel better and please keep in touch!
Nicole

Old 12-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #7
(female)

Cassie6666 HB User
Smile Re: Treatment of vestibular neuritis 2009

Hi Nicole, I really have only driven a couple of times since this happened in aug, around the block or so not far but it didn't seem to bother me. I feel much better vision and balance wise since doing therapy. My problems really seem to be waking up it takes my a couple hrs to be able to get my head and nose unclogged and to be able to get food down. Also the back of my head and neck hurt a lot especially when I wake up, my face is always flushed and my head feels like it is jumping and vibrating on the inside when I first get home from work and lay down. And if my mind is not fully accupied then I have crazy thoughts or just think of this crap.it is driving me crazy. I felt better the weeks ago then I do now.
I hope everyone is feeling good today and has a speedy recovery

Last edited by Cassie6666; 12-18-2012 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Also does it get worse mentally when it's that time of the month for you women out there?

Old 12-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #8
(male)

js693 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie6666 View Post
Hi Nicole, I really have only driven a couple of times since this happened in aug, around the block or so not far but it didn't seem to bother me. I feel much better vision and balance wise since doing therapy. My problems really seem to be waking up it takes my a couple hrs to be able to get my head and nose unclogged and to be able to get food down. Also the back of my head and neck hurt a lot especially when I wake up, my face is always flushed and my head feels like it is jumping and vibrating on the inside when I first get home from work and lay down. And if my mind is not fully accupied then I have crazy thoughts or just think of this crap.it is driving me crazy. I felt better the weeks ago then I do now.
I hope everyone is feeling good today and has a speedy recovery
those sound like vestibular migraines cassie......mine decreased considerably after i quit caffeine and upped my VRT..........also, try not to over do it with heavy exercise or stress inducing moments........good luck......

The Following User Says Thank You to js693 For This Useful Post:
Cassie6666 (12-26-2012)
Old 04-04-2013, 05:09 AM   #9
(male)

Wallbasher HB User

Hey Cassie,

Just wondering if you have fully recovered and also if your face flushing ever went away. Your one of the few people who experienced the facial flushing same as me! Let me know if you can!

My upper cheeck seems to flush and stay like that all day. Its been like that for 3 months!

Thanks!

Old 04-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #10
(male)

Gautamm62 HB User

Hi Nicole, Sorry to hear about your VN. I was doagnosed with VN in May 2012 and by Sep 2012 I was back close to normal, which I would call 99+ % normal. I think the factors that helped were : (a) Steroids (b) VRT and (c) family support.

Last edited by Gautamm62; 04-26-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #11
(female)

donnaisdizzy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautamm62 View Post
Hi Nicole, Sorry to hear about your VN. I was doagnosed with VN in May 2012 and by Sep 2012 I was back close to normal, which I would call 99+ % normal. I think the factors that helped were : (a) Steroids (b) VRT and (c) family support.
Interested in your steriod use! I've been wondering if that would help my situation. Did you ever find out an actual causes to your VN? I've been told it is viral, but I wonder... I don't think anybody really knows and I'm so exhausted! I just want my life back!!! But you say the steroids helped?

Old 06-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #12
(female)

AmberWaves91 HB UserAmberWaves91 HB UserAmberWaves91 HB User
Re: diagnosed with vestibular neuritis

I can really relate to all of this! Hope every one is feeling better, it is sooo miserable and seems to go on and on...
Feel like I'm in a dream state most of the time, and not in a nice dream, hoping to wake up and it's aall over.
My cognitive abilities, concentration ability is way down, feel dumber by the day. Makes life hard. And I have kids to be responsible for.
Have had it for 8 months, after a misdiagnosis of BPPV, feels like a very long time and there is anxiety that it will go on indefinitely but was told that it is temporary and the brain eventually adapts.
Tilting, swaying, bobbing, swirling motions, and jumpy visual motions with the eyes. Focusing on solid objects helps. Meditations helps. Going through physical therapy, have had 4-5 sessions I believe, also helps.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:06 AM   #13
(female)

Cassie6666 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbasher View Post
Hey Cassie,

Just wondering if you have fully recovered and also if your face flushing ever went away. Your one of the few people who experienced the facial flushing same as me! Let me know if you can!

My upper cheeck seems to flush and stay like that all day. Its been like that for 3 months!

Thanks!
Sorry wallbasher I missed your post. My flushing lasted for about 6 months but now only every now and than I get a flash. It's been 10 months and I feel 80 percent better but still have those days or weeks if something triggers it...long long process

Old 06-13-2013, 06:57 AM   #14
(male)

Nicholas99 HB User

I have had symptoms since February, (its now June), diagnosed in late April. I have had little actual veritigo/dizziness since the beginning of April but have had nausea and FACE FLUSHING! The nausea is only occaisional, getting les frequent and responds well to medicine. However, whenever I get stressed out, I get the flushed face feeling and it becmes incerdibly difficult to concentrate. I can only compare it to the feeling one has for the first minute or two after being awakened from a deep sleep - but it goes on and on, especially if the stressfull situation continues. My job has regular high stess moments, and as I work for myself, there is no way to avoid them. Needless to say, I need to be able to concentrate during these times.

Anybody else having trouble concentrating?

Old 06-13-2013, 08:38 AM   #15
(female)

AmberWaves91 HB UserAmberWaves91 HB UserAmberWaves91 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas99 View Post
I have had symptoms since February, (its now June), diagnosed in late April. I have had little actual veritigo/dizziness since the beginning of April but have had nausea and FACE FLUSHING! The nausea is only occaisional, getting les frequent and responds well to medicine. However, whenever I get stressed out, I get the flushed face feeling and it becmes incerdibly difficult to concentrate. I can only compare it to the feeling one has for the first minute or two after being awakened from a deep sleep - but it goes on and on, especially if the stressfull situation continues. My job has regular high stess moments, and as I work for myself, there is no way to avoid them. Needless to say, I need to be able to concentrate during these times.

Anybody else having trouble concentrating?
Hi Nicholas,

One of the biggest problems I've had is trouble concentrating. Most of it stems from that hazy, dreamlike feeling I've had. I get tired of feeling like I am not totally here. Ability to concentrate and cognitive ability is way down. Even holding a simple conversation with some one is overwhelming. Some of it may be depression and the physical exhaustion that comes with it. I feel so so drained ,tired very rapidly. Makes it difficult to focus.
I've had this for about 10 months and I did notice that it is getting better. I don't know if it's better so much as I've learned to overcome, compensate for it.
I'm not working right now through the summer. So that eases it off, but this has affected my relationship with others, my social contact, etc. It's very isolating.
I'm going through vestibular rehabilitation, with a physical therapist which is helping with the VN overall.
Hope we all get better and better and the sun comes out soon.

Reply Reply