It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2013, 05:33 AM   #1
(male)

rossyspencer HB User
Extreme Fatigue, confusion...

Hey all,

Looking for some advice, my symptoms I could be related to inner ear problems simply cause of my dizziness but if anyone could help i'd be muchly appreciated. Im a 28 yr old male, I smoke, dont drink (ever), weigh 10stone 2lbs and walk to work and back every day/night (1mile each way).

Basically around two weeks ago, I was at work sat at my desk and had a massive period of dizziness. I more or less fell of my chair and it worried me.

Anyhow, I started feeling very confused, had double vision and light headed. I work nights so originally put it down to tiredness and dismissed it. Now two weeks on my symptoms, apart from the double vision, have not gone away.

I'm extremely tired constantly (I fell asleep at 9pm last night, and literally just woke up now at 13:30pm)... I still feel extremely tired like I could sleep another 12 hours. I'm having extreme confusion and depersonalisation, I feel like im living in a dream, have shortness of breath, and even stranger my hands and feet are absolutely freezing, constantly (I have the central heating on, and sweating my bum off, but still even with two pairs of socks on my feet feel like theyre going to drop off).

I've also noticed that my heart is beating really slow. A few months ago, my resting heart rate was between 65-75bpm. Now, constantly even during exercise its between 50-60bpm. Not sure if i'm being paranoid on this one, but I find that a little strange. Dizziness doesnt get worse when I stand, its just constant.

Does anyone have an ideas what might be wrong. The dizziness I can live with to a certain degree, but apparently according to my collegues and friends I keep having periods where I blank out for like 10 minutes, they talk to me and I dont respond, just stay eyes fixed on what I was doing. I dont even remember doing this either.

Any help would be appreciated, what is wrong with me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Extreme Fatigue, confusion....

It could take awhile to get this figured out, but you absolutely should see your Dr for a full physical with neurological exam. Some inital thoughts are low thyroid, which causes terrible fatigue, low body temp and cold extremities, slow pulse and mental dullness. It can also cause low BP and dizziness, spacy feeling, like brain fog. Also severe anemia can cause fatigue, cold extremities. These would be covered with the usual blood tests that are done with a physical. If these come back ok, then some other tests should be done related to autoimmune disorders, neurological disorders, Vitamin B deficiences, etc. But you need to start with your Dr. with the basics.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
(male)

rossyspencer HB User
Re: Extreme Fatigue, confusion....

Thanks Ladybud,

I have an appointment on Monday to see my GP, but wanted some opinions before going. Really appreciate your help.

I think one of the worst things I could do was google the symptoms, as there's some really god awful suggestions from Labyrinthis right through to aneurysm and stroke.

Have been thinking more about ear infections etc. When I was younger I had to have gromits inserted in both ears to prevent further infection as I used to get them every other week. About 3 weeks ago I was laid in bed and heard clicking noises in my left ear, was nothing external and could hear it when I also covered my ear. Completely forgot about that up until now. Keep also having this really strange sensation where I suddenly and spontaneously go like deaf in my left ear followed by a very low pitched whistling noise. This slowly fades over like 2 minutes and my hearing returns. Hoping that this is nothing more than a middle ear infection, but none the less i'm slightly worried. History of heart problems in the family.

Will see what the doctor says on Monday. Thanks again and will let you know how I get on.

Ross

Reply Reply