It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2013, 04:13 PM   #1
(male)

Ambition22 HB User
Ear Crackling etc.

Hey, my first post here and i'll try keep it short and sweet (but hopefully somebody can help me out!)

Basically what it is i am a music producer/DJ, about a year and a half ago i was concerned with my hearing (i'm only 22 years old), and i started to stress, a lot, then i picked up ETD, then hyperacusis and phonophobia, at the time i would stress for days at even the slightest of loud noises, it was a really bad time,

Anyway i managed to overcome a lot of my problems, i've got tinnitus now and i realise a lot of it was physiological, however what i haven't been able to overcome is this crackling in my ears, its tremendously loud, i have a habit of doing this thing with my ears where i can just flex some sort of muscle up there and pop them, i do this about 5 times a minute most of the time, my problem is that i feel it could start to affect my hearing, i have noticed that with sounds like 's' 'th' (higher frequency sounds) i am fine with, its things like 'p' and 'm/n' i have a bit of trouble with, which the doctor told me was strange

Anyway my question is does anybody know about the crackling feeling i have? if any way to get rid of it? I know i'm allergic to dust, wheat and grass but i try to manage that, but i don't seem to have 'pressure' as such because i think the popping i do, although it does relive some pressure i think it is just a habit (i've expirienced proper full ears when i had ETD & when i have a cold.) it just scares me that my field is in music and i still have issues

I said i'd try keep it short but i guess i dragged it on a little, sorry!

But any help it very much appreciated

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply