It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #31
(male)

Kapi HB User
Re: BPPV , can u please share expirence with the elpley - did it work for u ?

yes Quincy , seems like u have made a long road with that disorder , by the way , once u discovered how to cure yourself with the epley (even if temporary ) would u find that the duration of the episode affected the results or it did not matter ? , i guess that once u got used to doing the epley then u use it with first onset of symptoms , but when it was a new thing and u had months of being symptomatic , did u find it as an isntant relief ?

i mean , logic suggests it should be cause if u move the offending crystals back into the utricle then symptoms should resolve and u should feel fine - what u think about that from your exprience ?
thanx

Old 02-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #32
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

without giving it too much contemplation, as soon as I'm symptomatic, I try the epley. On days when I'm a bit "off", meaning I'm feeling that I'm walking on pillows...I do the Epley.

I pretty much do it once if I'm off. If it continues, I sometimes do it another time. Yes, it helps. But, I also have sinus issues, neck issues, tight muscles, etc. The off feeling can also be helped from a massage and chiro adjustment.

When I have an actual attack, it could take days to get final relief. Sometimes it returns, sometimes it doesn't.

Remember that it also depends on where the crystals are stuck. There's a cupula where it can remain attached or in the canal itself.

I'm going to find my book and check out some of the info you need. Not all of us have resolution, but it sounds as though yours is pretty straight forward. But even if you have symptoms turning to one side, you might also turning to the other. I think it can also depend on where in the canals the "stuff" is at the time.

Make sense?
q

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #33
(male)

Kapi HB User

can't explain how much i appreciate the help Quincy , thank u !
I will see the doctor in few days , can't wait .

Old 02-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #34
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Hi...don't thank me quite yet...I cannot find my books ANYWHERE! Now my brain is in overdrive of panic, lol...who the heck would I have lent them to? That would have been years and years ago.

The only possible thing is to look back on my posts and I can find the info I was going to share.

^^so much for that..they only go back a year ago.

When is your appointment?

q

Last edited by quincy; 02-25-2013 at 11:36 AM.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #35
(male)

Kapi HB User

Hello Quincy

well , what can i say ? i am not over it yet , i went to see the Vetibular therapist , very nice and determined woman who wants me to believe that i dont suffer anymore with xan active bppv and what she wants me to do is VRT exercises , i am trying to explain my point but nothing seems to help , i will see her tomorrow also , i am trying to tell them something is wrong and active but it seems to fall on deaf ears , at the meantime my ears r paying me back for doing VRT while still symptomatic with bppv , how did that happen ? well , when i went there couple of months ago i had the spins in halpike but no eye movements or at least nothing they could see with the naked eye , they applied one quick semont and when i came the week later i still had the short spins ( as it happens everytime i lay down ) but they did not wanna do a thing , they cancelled me as that stressed guy that started imagaining things, well i might be stressed but i still suffer an active form of BPPV and no one does a thing to help me with that!

now , because i was so presistent with my claims of having an active form of bppv my therapist promised me that the doctor will see me for epley BUT - this is the big BUT , i will have first to do VRT head movements and all that for few weeks , i don't understand it - it's like building a structure upside down , instead of clearing the canal and then working on any residuals they wanna do the other way around , after yesterday doing the vrt i felt so bad for all day long as i was constatly forced to trigger my bppv , i was so bad i could hardly sleep , i am afraid i won't able to get out of that loop , don't know what to do now , how to get that horrible thing sorted - I wish i could do the Epley to myself

Old 03-01-2013, 12:54 AM   #36
(female)

florida31 HB Userflorida31 HB User

Oh no !
So it sounds as if they want you to do the exercises first before the Epley !
Thats what the physio gave me months ago and i have a whole sheet of A4 and have now started them again yesterday as feel the Epley hasn't worked for me at all,so maybe at this point you should consider getting the Epley of the net and getting a friend or family to help you do it if your not happy to wait and do the VRT.
Difficult one.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #37
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Kapi...I'm curious what exactly are the exercises that you're supposed to be doing?

There's no reason for them to NOT do the Epley...

Actually, I'm not surprised by the run-around you're getting. Were you not supposed to see the doctor first?

grrrrr, burns me to hear the process of what's happening.
q

Old 03-07-2013, 05:57 AM   #38
(male)

Kapi HB User

dear Florida and Quincy , my computer was not working , now i saw the messages , well yes , they do put me thru all these VRT exercises that are taking me nowhere as i am still symptomatic with BPPV but it seems like all i say falls on deaf ears , as i have said , because i did not present the eye movements they were looking for they concluded i am post bppv and need VRT which is far removed from the truth, every night i go to sleep i lay my head down , 20 seconds and boom , spins - more like subjective spin of the body , not so much of the room - lasts for short time and subsides , daily life is extremely hard like that , i am feeling trashed and weak very easy while i was always verey fit and active , really don't know what to do now :-(

Old 03-07-2013, 07:00 AM   #39
Senior Veteran
(female)

Since you're laying down already and spinning, do the Epley yourself.
That's already part of the process.

The body symptoms are still a symptom because they're coming from your head.

You have nothing to lose....when you lay your head on the pillow, which side seems to be most prominent in the symptoms?

q

Old 03-07-2013, 11:34 PM   #40
(female)

florida31 HB Userflorida31 HB User

Hi there
Oh ! not good at all ,so how long have you got to do the exercises for ? and will they do the epley at all ? if not I would attemp to do it yourself,there are clear instructions on the net on how to do it and if you feel that strongly about it I would do it and get a friend or family member to help you.
Give it a go

Old 03-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #41
Senior Veteran
(female)

I agree with florida31 at the suggestion to have someone help you...that will give much emotional support during the process.

q

Reply Reply