It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2013, 02:57 AM   #1
(female)

Queen always HB UserQueen always HB User
Smile revision stapedectomy

Hi there everyone!

I've had 2 stapedectomies - whilst the first one worked, the second one wasn't successful.
However I have had revision stapedectomy on Wednesday 06 February 2013. I am now 3 days post-op! After the 2nd stapedectomy I had tinnitus also. Now I still have the noises in my ear but no hearing as yet. I'm not sure what to expect as my initial stapedectomy was in 2011 so I can't remember when my hearing started coming through.

I am excited as well as scared and I know its only 3days today but if there's anyone out there that has been through this recently please refresh my memory as I am looking forward to hearing in that ear soon!

Old 04-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
(male)

bhusan HB User
Re: revision stapedectomy

hey guys i am 17 days from my post operation of myringoplasty which was my second operation for perforated ear drum ..my first operation was unsuccessful and had to go for second ..my ear packs are removed after 7 days and i had started hearing hissing sound (tinnitus) which is continuous from second day of the operation and i still here ..and it really bothers me and even more at night and morning ..will my tinnitus go away with time ?? or wil it get lowered ? or will it persist forever ?? ..can you please tell me ..did yours go away with time ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2013, 03:07 AM   #3
(female)

Queen always HB UserQueen always HB User

Hi there!

I have had tinnitus since my second stapedectomy. Even after revision surgery its still there! I have had revision surgery on 06 February 2013 but yet again unsuccessful. I dnt know why? The dr advised me to get a hearing aid. Had I known this was gonna happen I never would have suffered and went for two surgeries in the same ear! I did use a hearing aid for 12 yrs - maybe I shud hav continued and not went through all this!

But I did get some hope when I went to make my hearing aid - he informed me that sometimes when we have this surgery - the vibrations that goes onto the bone with a hearing aid, can move the bone into its correct position and you can hear normally without the aid! So I'm waiting for that miracle.
With regards to the tinnitus - he told me with the aid it should take about 6 weeks to disappear!

I know more than the loss of hearing - the tinnitus is worse bcos it overpowers all other noises. I wouldn't wish tinnitus on anyone! But some people say it goes away with time but I dnt know how much of time. I have had it since Sept 2011! All the best.

The Following User Says Thank You to Queen always For This Useful Post:
bhusan (04-17-2013)
Old 04-17-2013, 04:50 AM   #4
(male)

bhusan HB User

i now also regret for my decision for operation because i didn't know anything about tinnitus before my operation nor did my doctor told about it just i thought was closure of perforated ear drum and the success was 98% ..i started hearing some noise after my first operation which was unsuccessful and didn't know it was tinnitus and it wasn't too bothering and i later got adapt with it and i decided to have second operation 1 year later march 28 2013 ...and this time i badly hear this hissing type sound after the the first day of operation and later found that it was called tinnitus ..i dont hear the hissing sound at same intensity now got lowered after 1 week of my operation but it still bothers me very badly now ..i think my hearing is improved i feel like this time my graft for perforated ear has been successfully accepted but not sure yet ..but this tinnitus thinks is really driving me crazy ..cant say in words though ..i now realize that people should be satisfied with what they have and should never compare with other peoples

Reply Reply