It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
(female)

ilikejell0 HB User
Possible Patulous Eustachian Tube?

Hey everyone - Here is my deal.

For almost a year I have been having ear issues.

My ears feel clogged, cant pop them, feel dizzy, have the clicking/popping sound when I swallow, can hear myself in my ear sometimes, have awful gunk come out and down my throat usually when I swallow - I swear its from my eustachian tubes and not my nose!

Some days I am mostly normal, other days not.

I was told it was probably eustachian tube dysfunction from flying while sick and was given some different nasal sprays to try along with decongestants. None of it has worked.

I saw my ENT yesterday and he said maybe it is Patulous eustachian tube disorder. He has called me in a prescription of a nasal spray that is progestrone/estrogen based or something like that to help close up the tubes.

I guess I am just wondering if anyone can tell me if Im crazy or if maybe this nasal spray will work? I just want to feel normal! Thanks!!

Edit: Does anyone know about this Dr. Poe guy in Boston? What is the deal on him? Ive heard maybe he has treatment for this that might actually work?

Last edited by ilikejell0; 03-15-2013 at 07:34 AM.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzyandsad HB User
Re: Possible Patulous Eustachian Tube?

its hard to determine what will help but if you are willing I would say give it a try might be fantastic if it cures you!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #3
(female)

Marie 67 HB User

Have the nose drops worked for you?

Old 10-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
(female)

KristyBabe HB User

Hello.
My husband has the s-a-m-e symptoms as you for a year also!!! He had tried the nasal sprays, it didn't help him but don't give up, try it! It might work for you.
What do you mean by saying "Some days I am mostly normal, other days not"?
Do you have days without symptoms at all?
Are you able to work as usuall?
My husband feels also clogged ears and dizzy most of the day and he left work, he is only 29 years old but feels like 90 and he can't do anything.
Very sad.. We wish you and all ETD sufferes lots of health!
Please update for any change..

Last edited by KristyBabe; 10-16-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Old 11-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #5
(female)

Narue HB User

I was wanting to know if your husband has any other symptoms. This has been happening to me for months now. My ear pops and I hear air and a vibration in it . I also hear a faint heartbeat in it at times. I'm off balance and dizzy and have pain below my ear that runs down the side of my throat where my e-tube is. My ear feels clogged and hearing is not normal. This all started from an infection in the ear. This air and vibration are terrible. I need help.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #6
(female)

KristyBabe HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narue View Post
I was wanting to know if your husband has any other symptoms. This has been happening to me for months now. My ear pops and I hear air and a vibration in it . I also hear a faint heartbeat in it at times. I'm off balance and dizzy and have pain below my ear that runs down the side of my throat where my e-tube is. My ear feels clogged and hearing is not normal. This all started from an infection in the ear. This air and vibration are terrible. I need help.
Hello Narue, I'm sorry for your suffer,
Some of the symptoms that you have my husband also has. The off balance feeling and dizzy, as well as the ear that feel clogged.
We saw another ent this week who is specialized with inner ear disorders and he realy believes that this whole off balance feeling and dizzy are from anxiety and not from the ear because all the test that he had done are fine in 100%.
He sent us to do allergic tests.(He had done lots of other tests untill now)
You say you need help. Did you saw an ent already? what test did u do?
the most important is the Tympanometry, because this is the test that says if your air is equalized in both ears and if you have a hearing loss. start with that and see an ent as soon as possible. And I realy think it's good to go to a psychologist and get some mental help.
If you have any more questions please ask, I know how you feel and how much this is a complicated sitsuation.
Keep well..

Reply Reply