It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
(male)

Wallbasher HB User
Perilymph fistula vs. Vestibular neuritis

Hey everyone,

I'm just looking for some help from those with a PLF and their symptoms. I'll briefly explain my story. January this year I went for a run with a new set of ear buds and listened to my tunes rather loud. 2 days later I have the following symptoms: vertigo, unbalanced, and some massive flushing in my face on the cheek bones and over my nose. 2 weeks later I start to come around, Back to the gym and back in go the earbuds. Halfway through a run I'm lightheaded and fatigued beyond normal. For the next couple weeks my symptoms are worse. Plus i get sinusitis and otitis media with massive pressure in my left ear. Antibiotics clear it but the pressure remains. Now I'm With some added depression and serious brain fog. EKG, bloodwork, hearing test, and CT scan all good. A visit to the Otolaryngology ofifice and he diagnosed me with vestibular neuritis.

Ok sure perhaps it's VN but its been 3 months and I just did some push-ups, right away I'm lightheaded and brainfog kicks in.

I've been doing VRT and it seems to work. But my thought is that I actually have a PLF because each time I exercise kaboom. I'm lightheaded and a mess for a few days.

Other symptoms:

Memory issues
Tinnitus (since the otitis media)
Flushing in the face (seems to be associated with inflammed Eustachian tubes)
Unbalanced

Any thoughts from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

I'm. A 29 year old male and an athlete. Although I'm not right now after loosing about 15 pounds through all this.

Tanks everyone

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply