It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
(female)

marip1 HB User
dizzy while standing with eyes closed

Does anyone knows what causes dizziness when standing with eyes closed. Taking a shower rinsing my face and the eyes were closed and I was dizzy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #2
(male)

Wallbasher HB User
Re: dizzy while standing with eyes closed

Not off hand do you have any other symptoms at all?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #3
(female)

marip1 HB User

Yes. The past 2 weeks have been having intermittent dizziness, headaches and neck pain. The pain in the forehead is dull and short lasting. My doctor thinks I have a inner ear virus or a pinched nerve in the neck. The dizziness with the eyes closed happened today.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
(male)

Wallbasher HB User

When you tilt your head back do you get dizzy like if you look up? If so for how long? Any history of this stiff before? Have you seen an ENT or done any testing as of yet? Dizziness stinks!

Old 03-23-2013, 05:40 PM   #5
(female)

marip1 HB User

I have no dizziness when I look up. Couple years ago I went to an ENT because of intermittent neck pain. intermittent left ear pain and dizziness when laying down. I had a MRI of the head and a neck xray. I also had another test which I forgot the name to see if I had BPPV. That test was negative. I also had a hearing test. I have more hearing loss in the left ear than the right ear. The neck xray showed narrowing between C4-C5. At that time she thought my symptoms was due to TMJ. I went to a dentist that specializes in TMJ problems and she didn't think my TMJ was causing any problems. I finally decided to go to a therapy place where they diagnose and do Epleys. There I was diagnosed with BPPV and given the Epley manuver. The BPPV was gone after her doing it once. Since then I've been fine laying down in bed or laying flat in the dentist chair.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #6
(male)

Wallbasher HB User

I ask because I was curious about BPPV. Do you have home eply exercises that you can do? It's very strange this only happens to you with you eyes closed. Perhaps having another hall pike manouver done could shed some light.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #7
(female)

marip1 HB User

I don't think BPPV could cause headaches and the dizzy attacks usually happen when I'm sitting or standing. It happens more when sitting. This morning I also got dizzy when my eyes were closed in the shower.

Last edited by marip1; 03-23-2013 at 06:10 PM. Reason: posted twice

Reply Reply