It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #1
(male)

Vito D HB User
Angry Help please, stressed out

tinnitus, filles like something in my ears. When I move my head left and right cracking and feels like liquid is in there. sometimes my left ear herts. its the sound when you swallow,

It all started feb 1, I had a head cold, blow my noise for 3 weeks, my ears had water in them, and were bulging and red inside, went to the doctor he said is will go way in a week, it has not. went back to doctors office, I told him ears still ring, the left one is louder, he said give it another week. had a hearing test down the hall, ears can hear fine, he made an appointment for a ENT but it will be for april 16, ( he is away on vacation for 2 months) could not take it, so I found a ENT in Toronto,
march 27th went to the ENT, told him about the ringing in the ear, he looked in my ear and then my noise, said I have a broken noise, I forget what he called it but it starts with the letter S, He told me that I have to live to live with it, so I left, it was a two hour drive for nothing.
I talked to a friend who has tinnitus and I told him that my ears feel wired, and something I get a bad earache, he said that not good,
One night the pain was to much and I went to the hospital, they gave me a ct scan, there was nothing, the doc at the hospital thinks it meniere's disease,
I went back to my family doc, and he didn't think it was that, I do not see double or have any vertigo, and I agree, He did not know that my ear herts, and that was my fault, I was just worried about the tin nits, ringing, so he gave me some drugs to take,
its been over a week and a half and my ear sill hurts some days and the ringing is still there, what scared me was last night my right ear that is not that loud for ringing, went off at 4 in the morning it was so loud it wake my up. it lasted for 30 mints and was scary, The sound was ring in my head. I so freak out and scared, what if that happens again! that what scares me, and what if it does not go, it aways rings like that.

if anyone can help or talk about this please do so, I have been in hell for 2 month, <I am> worried when I see the ENT doc he is going to say there is nothing we can do for you. good luck.

Last edited by Administrator; 03-24-2013 at 07:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #2
(male)

Wallbasher HB User
Re: Help please, stressed out

Hey Vito, did any of the docs say you have an ear infection and prescribe antibiotics at all? With fluid on them and pain like that it almost sounds like an otitis media. In any case, I have T as well, from the same sort of symptoms and its been about 2 months that I've had it. I've tried all kinds of stuff with no effect. I had my second ENT visit today... He basically smugly said there's was nothing he could do because there's currently no fluid on my ears.

Do you have any issues with altitude changes where pressure builds up? I know I do

Old 03-25-2013, 12:46 PM   #3
(male)

Vito D HB User

No he didn't say anything about ear infection, he just said looking in my ear that the left side the ear drum was bulging out, that was in feb, the bulging has gone, but the pain and T is still there, So you went to the ENT and they can;t do nothing about. That worries me. How can they not do anything about it????

I do not have altitude problems,
thank you for the message,

Old 03-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #4
(male)

Wallbasher HB User

Hey, My issues go beyond just the Tinnitus ect... I was diagnosed with Vestibular NEuritis recently. THat started back in January, but I feel like I making my way through that. While I had that however I had a lot of mucus build up and was blowing heavy... Due to that I believe I ended up getting mucus in my ears and a bacterial ear infection began (otitis media). I had a lot of fluid on my ears and my eardrum was aswell bulging... The doc gave me an antibitic that cleared the infection rather quickly. However whil I had the infection (pessure and fluid within my ear) I developed T. SInce then the T has stayed and the fluid still kinda feels like its there a little. So today I took those concerns to the ENT. He basically told me that my Eustachian tubes are working fine which I dont buy, adn that Theres lots of reasons fluid can still seemto be on the ear and that theres not much they can do with the T. Other than a low salt diet, ear protection ect ect. Most often with T theres an underlying issue thats causing it. The best way to get rid of T is to deal with the underlying issue. I was hoping he could shed some light on my pressure issue eustachian tube issue wet feeling ears... But NOPE. nothing. Didnt even really offer much of an explanation. Rather he refered me to a neurologist. Well see how long that takes here in Nova Scotia.

Other than that my research tells me that T can stay for weeks after an ear infection has cleared. As well as the pressure and wet feeling issues. However Im starting to think this is allergies for me although Ive never had allergies EVER before to ANYTHING. But here to hoping I suppose. T is awful!!!!!!!

Old 03-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #5
(male)

Vito D HB User

I Think the T will stay for ever, do you think the feeling of water in your ears and the noise it make, its the noise when you swallow, Do you think that will be forever? What are your thoughts, I have no one her to talk about this, they don't know what I mean.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #6
(male)

Wallbasher HB User

Hey Vito,

What province are you in?

My guess is that once your ears clear or heal or the fluid runs out or whatever the case may be id guess your chances of the T going away were good. Atleast thats the way I understand it. However from what I read it can take a lotta time for sure.

Do you ahve any allergies at all? IS there any chance your T is noise enduced T? Have you been around any really loud sounds or are you sensitive to loud sounds currenlty? Theres a pile of things that can cause T... Muscle issues, TMJ, neurological issues... The list goes on.

and no I think the swallowing noise I hear anyhow (my eustachian tubes opening) and whatevers going on are different things.

T is a very funny thing. The medical world doesent seem to have any sure way to make it go away

Last edited by Wallbasher; 03-25-2013 at 02:54 PM.

Old 03-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #7
(male)

Vito D HB User

Im in Ontario, St Thomas,
I use a nasal spray if my noise is plugged or I feel the allergies coming on, beclomethasone or it is also called mylan-beclo my doctor said not to try and take it,
I really hope this goes away, I just have this bad feeling it won't, that scares me a lot, I wake up ever day thinking, Dame it! its still there, its a horrible freeing. I want to play with my kids an laugh like I used too. Im really scared that will not happen.

Old 03-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #8
(male)

Wallbasher HB User

I hear ya. I feel the same. How bad is you T? Like with noise around you people talkin the TV's on ect can you still here it?

The biggest thing with T is to realise its there. Its not going to kill you but its just sure annoying. Have faith in time. You may have some allergies or soemthing thats bringing it on. But try and get back to the Dr and see what they can do with you. THey may want to run a pile of different test to start ruling things out if its not noise induced.

T sucks big time. Bit if its all you have to deal with your ahead of the game. LOts of people get T with bad brainfog and all kinds of other stuff. But definelty give it time. I know thats my plan. See how it goes. I know it stinks big time tho.

Old 03-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #9
(male)

Vito D HB User

Im in Ontario, St Thomas,
I use a nasal spray if my noise is plugged or I feel the allergies coming on, beclomethasone or it is also called mylan-beclo my doctor said not to try and take it,
I really hope this goes away, I just have this bad feeling it won't, that scares me a lot, I wake up ever day thinking, Dame it! its still there, its a horrible freeing. I want to play with my kids an laugh like I used too. Im really scared that will not happen.

Old 03-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #10
(male)

Vito D HB User

its not only the T, its the feeling of water in your ears, its the earaches the left on that bugs me, its the sound ( popping or clicking ) when I tilt my head or move that troubles me.

Reply Reply

Tags
tinnitus