It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #1
(male)

Brad521 HB User
Cool Hi all

Just wanted to say hi and that I am new here

So my story is that, I've had sinus issues and some ear problems before (As a kid I always had ear issues)

I just got diagnosed with an Inner Ear Infection. Now, is this Labyrinthitis? Is there a difference? I was given antibiotics and it seems to be working a bit. But my god, the dizziness and vertigo is almost hell sometimes. I am on day 1 of them, and they're -strong-.

I'm just curious - for anyone who's had this, can this be an ongoing battle? I am curious as to how long I will be out of commission. Walking is difficult, as balance is way off.

Anyway just saying hi! Hope all is well!

Old 04-21-2013, 01:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Hi all

An inner ear infection is called labyrinthitis. Most cases are a result of viral infections, but if you have a middle ear infection as well, it could be bacterial and responsive to antibiotics. It usually takes a couple of days to know if the antibiotic is working. It should clear up completely, but will take a little longer usually if viral. In the meantime, an OTC medication like Bonine or Dramamine, used for motion sickness, can help a great deal with the vertigo. Only take that if your Dr didn't give you a prescription for something similar, so you are not duplicating meds. Making position changes very slowly helps too, as sudden movement of the head or body will set the spinning in motion. UGH! Hope you feel better fast!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply