It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Mandolyn HB UserMandolyn HB User
clicking in ear when doing any type of cardio

i saw an oral surgeon yesterday for TMJ, thinking my left ear problems stem from my TMJ because my massater muscles have flared up again and I can't open my mouth as wide.

he told me that the joint could be bothering my ear but with x ray didn't say much to me about my ear.
i even told him how when i do cardio- exercise there is this constant clicking in my left ear like there is a small bead in there bouncing around.

he said something like "blood flow" or some nonsense. but some days it's worse than others. at first i thought my TMJ joint was pushed into my left ear drum but the oral surgeon told me i have the beginnings of degenerative bone disease in my TMJ joints. he never mentioned anything about the ear and said my doc should look at it. my doc has looked at it and said it looks fine. it also feels full a lot- like it's infected, but i assume that is from the TMD as well.

this puzzles me

Old 05-13-2013, 04:53 PM   #2
(female)

TL81 HB User
Re: clicking in ear when doing any type of cardio

Mandolyn-could the clicking be myoclonus? I've heard something about the muscles in the ear that could become overly active and spasm.

I know ear problems can be frustrating and difficult to diagnose, but don't lose hope!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #3
(female)

Irmie HB User

If you feel like there is something going on in the ear, I would request a CT scan to rule out anything. They can do the jaw at the same time if the doctor requisitions it and see the whole picture, which may help set your mind at ease, or offer you a solution to what is going on. Good luck.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Mandolyn HB UserMandolyn HB User

Thanks. I want to avoid spending more money but when I see my doc I will bring this up to him.

Reply Reply