It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
(male)

gr8witeninja HB User
Question Ear Cleaning Mess

Hi everyone,

I wanted to try and get some input here on some issues I have been having.

A few weeks back I had excessive build-up of wax in my left ear. I got most of the wax out and went to the doctor to get everything checked up and cleaned a bit more. They did a bit more of a spray and I instantly got fairly dizzy, nauseous, and had to stop. The nausea persisted lightly for a few days.

I went for a run 3 days later and that evening was woken up by a good deal of ear pain. The next day I was super exhausted, and feeling off with blurry/odd vision. I went for another run that day and had to stop at about half the distance.

Since this occurred I have been super fatigued, my head has felt like there is pressure or is heavier, I have had constant issues with nausea (especially in the mornings), and issues sleeping. I know some of this could definitely be due to anxiety over symptoms, but wanted to see if anyone could offer input on what specifically has been going on? I'm really hoping to figure this out and move past it. These issues have persisted for about 7-8 days now.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by gr8witeninja; 05-24-2013 at 08:21 PM. Reason: details

Old 05-25-2013, 04:59 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Ear Cleaning Mess

Sorry, but I have no ideas about the current issue. However, have your ENT clean your ears with the crochet hook looking implement rather than the water spray. It's easier, quicker and not as messy. That's how mine does it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2013, 04:32 PM   #3
(female)

AmberWaves91 HB UserAmberWaves91 HB UserAmberWaves91 HB User
Re: Ear Cleaning Mess

Hi Gr8,

Hope you're feeling better. I get my ears cleaned out on an annual basis. I agree it is better to have an ENT clean your ears out. If not ask your GP to not use the spray tool on you, have heard from an ENT it is hard on the ear drum; it is abrasive and occasionally can really cause problems, damage to the ears. This may have happened with you. Did they check inside your ears?
My ENT uses a vacuum-like tool that suctions out the wax rather than forces the wax out. This is far more gentle and sensical. Hope this helps.

~Amber

Reply Reply