It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
(male)

ryanpir HB User
My eardrum is blocked for two years

I have been suffering from this problem at least two years already. I woke up one morning, and my eardrum became blocked. I went to so many ear doctors to get this fixed, and they said to me everything looks normal. I don't agree with them because it is not normal. I feel my right eardrum does not have equal pressure than my left eardrum. I have been crying everyday since this occurred. The doctors told me to chew gum, use nose spray, drink water, blow a balloon, all of them did not work. I had ear tube surgery for five months, and it didn't help me. Now I am stuck with this problem, and it's making me really upset. Does anyone have similar problems like I do, and was it fixed? Can someone give me advice on what I could do, because I am getting tired to see doctors. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #2
(female)

Marie 67 HB User
Re: My eardrum is blocked for two years

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanpir View Post
I have been suffering from this problem at least two years already. I woke up one morning, and my eardrum became blocked. I went to so many ear doctors to get this fixed, and they said to me everything looks normal. I don't agree with them because it is not normal. I feel my right eardrum does not have equal pressure than my left eardrum. I have been crying everyday since this occurred. The doctors told me to chew gum, use nose spray, drink water, blow a balloon, all of them did not work. I had ear tube surgery for five months, and it didn't help me. Now I am stuck with this problem, and it's making me really upset. Does anyone have similar problems like I do, and was it fixed? Can someone give me advice on what I could do, because I am getting tired to see doctors. Thank you.
I've been having a similar issue with my left ear. It has brought me untold anxiety. I had an ear infection and was left with fluid in the ear. The ent that I went to wouldn't do anything but give me flonase which was worthless. Went to that ent twice within two months and no help. A couple weeks later got in to see another ent who drained my ear. That's been three weeks ago and I'm still not hearing right out of that ear. I didn't get a tube he just drained and suctioned the ear. The slit is still open in the eardrum. Don't know if that's why I'm not hearing right or if something did permanent damage. My ear looked normal when examined as well. My ear was half full of fluid and was down below the level of my eardrum depending on what position I was in. You can have fluid in your ear and it not be seen. I am going to a third ent tomorrow for another opinion since my ear still isn't right.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2014, 05:22 PM   #3
(male)

ryanpir HB User

Hi Marie,

Thank you for replying to me, and addressing your concerns about your ear, I can understand how you go through. Is your ear feeling better now? For me, it's still the same. I'll I am worried is that if I see the doctor and he/she says to me "your ear is fine", I will get angry because I know there is something there. I will take your advice, but I don't know if it will help me solve the situation. Are the doctors in the USA much better compared to Canadian doctors? I haven't found one good doctor in Ontario to help solve my problem. I was also thinking of travelling to the United States to get an examination by a doctor there. Do you think it's necessary to travel there? Thanking you in advance.

Last edited by ryanpir; 03-02-2014 at 05:30 PM.

Old 03-02-2014, 05:24 PM   #4
(male)

ryanpir HB User

I will await for your reply

Last edited by ryanpir; 03-02-2014 at 05:30 PM.

Reply Reply