| | Ear Problems for a year now PLEASE HELP DESPERATE
I'll just begin by saying that I have had ear vents inserted when I was 6/7, I'm 17 now.
It all started a year ago, when my ears felt blocked but not painful so the doctor flushed my ears out (the machine which forces hot water into your ear, not sure what its called) but soon after I returned with an extremely painful ear infection, which was described by my doctor as one of the worst she had ever seen. I was put on Amoxicillin 500mg for around 2 weeks I think!
The infection cleared up fine, but my hearing had became significantly lower. Then around two weeks later I had another infection and was placed on the same antibiotics. I have had around 10 ear infections since last July and have been placed on the same antibiotic every time.
My hearing in my right ear never returned.
I was eventually referred to an ENT specialist in March of this year who simply 'vacuumed' out everything in my right ear. But a day after this visit I got an ear infection in my opposite - left- ear, leaving me with no hearing whatsoever until it cleared.
I undergone two hearing tests in which I was told that the doctor couldn't understand how I was coping in school etc (I am - barely).
In my most recent visit he put a dissolvable dressing and antibiotic in my ear, which dissolved in around 2 weeks and now I'm stuck with yet another ear infection just a mere 10 days after this dressing dissolved.
What I'm looking for is suggestions of what it could be - my doctors and specialist clearly have no clue what this is and I cannot afford to have another year in school with this! I'll list the symptoms I constantly have -
- Ringing in my right ear,
- The sound of my voice and breathing and sometimes my heartbeat is amplified,
- I have extremely bad hearing (subtitles when watching tv etc),
- Recurrent ear infections with pain spreading to my jaw,
- Drainage from my ear when lying down on my right side (quite foul smelling),
- Feeling of fullness in my neck, as if a tube is full or something?,
- Sharp, shooting pains in my ear if there is a change in air pressure,
- Right ear constantly pops when I yawn.
If anyone has any suggestions I would be eternally grateful, and apologies for the dreadfully long post!