It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
(female)

Hiker53 HB User
Unhappy Eustachian Tube Dysfunction and Balance

I have just been diagnosed with Patulous Eustachian tube disorder (although I am still not sure this is the correct diagnosis). My symptoms are high high ear pressure and imbalance.

Would Patulous Eustachian Tube Dysfunction cause a loss of balance. I do have some other health issues, but was wondering if this were a factor in my balance. I have been doing a lot of exercise this summer to improve balance and my ear pressure has skyrocketed (heat and humidity are a factor, too)

I have it in my right ear only. It gets worse with exercise, but I do not have the tinnitus or hearing my voice in a weird way or my heart beat. Much better lying down, but that exacerbates my benign proximal positional vertigo.

Thanks.

Hiker53

P.S. Do I need to give up my one vice--caffeine?

Last edited by Hiker53; 07-16-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Reply Reply