It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2003, 10:41 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kellie2 HB User
Post Symptoms of Interstitial Cystitis

I've been reading alot about this and the symptoms, but I find myself very confused. Do all of you have the same symptoms? Is it normal to have burning with this? I know freguency is a symptom, but is it every day? How often do you get this, or is it always there? I was under the impression that it came and went but some of you make me think that you have it all the time (I feel terrible for you). Some mention pelvic pain - is this different from the uncomfortable pain of a UTI? You guys also mention controlling it with diet. Does this mean that if you started feeling symptoms and changed your diet, it would go away? If so, can't you stay on the diet and keep it gone for good? Sorry so many questions, but sometimes I wonder if I may have this, and everything I read online is not very precise, not like talking to people who actually have it. But I'm still very confused even on this site. Can any of you explain your own symptoms and what you do for it, if anything?

Thanks...

Old 06-12-2003, 08:31 AM   #2
Inactive

Piperdreams HB User
Kellie,

What are your symptoms exactly? My IC is pretty much under control in the last few years (knock on wood). I used to be in horrible pain several years ago. My symptoms're burning in the bladder, bladder cramping, pelvic pain, low abdomen pain, and urgency. I had very minimal frequency. You do not have to have all text book symptoms of IC.

Piper

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread