It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2003, 07:43 PM   #1

newmom2b HB User
Post Interstitial Cystitis

Hi everyone... does anyone here have Interstitial Cystitis? I do and was wondering what others have had done to help with it. Does anyone take Elmiron? I take it and have had my bladder stretched twice now. Just wondering what else is out there I can do or how others are dealing with it. Mary

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2003, 11:30 PM   #2
Veteran

RageOfAngels HB User
I know someone who makes sure to eat blueberries every morning and says it really helps her IC. The fruit has a substance in it that prevents bacteria from sticking to the bladder walls, and reduces inflammation of the bladder.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2003, 11:08 AM   #3
Inactive

Piperdreams HB User
I have IC. I have had DMSO cocktail instillations in the past which helped me immensely. I have not taken Elmiron. I have had Elavil for about ten months, it was great in terms of blocking the pain but after a while you either have to elevate to dosage or it becomes less effective.

P.

Old 10-21-2003, 03:13 PM   #4

RoxRoxU HB User
Hello,

You might check out my post titled "UTI/IC Sufferers read this", as well as my response to "Help Me". I have suffered this for a long time and found what I consider to be a simple miracle. I'd love to hear if you have tried these things, and if so, what were the results?

Good Luck,
Rox

Old 10-27-2003, 06:23 PM   #5
(female)

WrongerIndiana HB User
Hello! I have IC and I have tried the Elmiron and I had terrible side affects. Severe headaches, I couldn't focus on anything. I have to stay on a real strict diet, anti-inflammatory. No accidity foods or drinks. Orange juice or cranberry juice is a no no for me. I also have problems with kidney stones and fibromyalgia. They have a product called prelief, it works while you eat, neutralizing acid in food.

Closed Thread