It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2006, 09:26 AM   #1

BlessingsGalore HB User
Question Natural Meds for IC - Interstitial Cystitis

ANYONE have any natural meds for IC ? Other than diet and soda water ?

THANKS

Last edited by moderator2; 04-04-2006 at 09:40 AM. Reason: this is the correct board for IC discussions

Old 04-04-2006, 09:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User
Re: Natural Meds for IC - Interstitial Cystitis

Hi BG,

Are you doing an IC diet? No alcohol, caffeine, tomatoes, spices, chocolate, citrus or high-acid foods unless proven OK by dietary elimination & challenge?

An acquaintance of mine was pretty much disabled by IC until she discovered her triggers were peppers (even sweet bell peppers) and artificial sweeteners.

Biopsises of bladders of IC sufferers show that some, but not all, do have extensive mast cell infiltration -- suggesting that allergy (like food allergy) may contribute in some cases.

The bicarb water/avoid high acid/alkalize your body is a recurring theme. But sometimes IC is complicated by frequent infections ... a certain amt of acidity keeps the infections down.

My DD took a class at college where 2 physical therapists spoke about successful treatment of IC by doing pelvic floor trigger point release. This is useful where the pain has a nerve-related cause.

I've heard that in some cases, there can be a hormonal imbalance that contributes to IC ... not sure which way, probably estro related?

Best wishes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2006, 09:58 AM   #3

BlessingsGalore HB User
Post Re: Natural Meds for IC - Interstitial Cystitis

This was kicked off by a heart cat scan with dye contrast. I had IC really bad in the early 90's then had a 13 year remission after Chlorpactin treatments.

I handled light bouts with diet and soda water.

This just happened last week and it has really thrown this bladder into a loop de loop.

The tech said the dye would make me feel like I had to TEE and sure nuff it did and then I had the IC set in big time. MAN...............how can one simple test lead me to this.

That dye really aggravated it and set it off like FIRE. I'm hoping to get it under control with diet........yes, I know all about it believe me....I was really to leave this world in the early 90's I had it so badly. Totally disabled.

SOOOOOOOOO, here I am 13 years later..........with it in such a FLARE I can barely sit for 5 minutes or stand and going to the bathroom like crazy.

I'm hoping diet and Soda, calcium will calm it down without treatments again.

Old 04-04-2006, 12:25 PM   #4
(female)

sweetthing40s HB User

I am taking prelief right now and it seems to help me with my eating but it may have a different effect with you as it does everyone it may work better for you and then again it may not help but it's worth a try hope it all works out for you.

Old 04-04-2006, 02:23 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User

What a nasty experience! Make sure it gets into your med records ... maybe try a diff contrast medium if you ever need one of those CAT scans.

I'd want to find out exactly what the dye was ... could this be a factor in milder flares, via food?

Old 04-04-2006, 04:45 PM   #6

BlessingsGalore HB User
Question Re: Natural Meds for IC - Interstitial Cystitis

Hummmmmmm, good question Elmar !

Old 05-02-2006, 08:27 AM   #7
(female)

ohio1968 HB User

I have IC & i am taking aloe vera juice everyday.

Old 05-31-2006, 02:44 PM   #8
(female)

Granniluvs8 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio1968
I have IC & i am taking aloe vera juice everyday.
Hi Ohio,

Where did you hear about aloe vera juice for IC? Or did you just try it? How much do you take daily? Has it helped you alot?

Thanks !

Blessings

Closed Thread