It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2006, 02:40 PM   #1
(male)

tjwilli HB User
Interstitial Cystitis or Prostatitis

I am having the very frequent urination problems they talk about with IC, but I do not have a lot of pain. I have been having this problem for about 5 years, but it really flared up about 5 weeks ago. I was getting up every 15 minutes at night and had to go, and for a while about every 30 minutes during the day.
I have changed my diet to a very bland diet and drink only water. I have been able to get about 5 hrs sleep at night now gettin up about once, and my urgency is about every hr to 2 hrs during the day now, but I have the urge most all the time during the day. I was put on muscle relaxers this weekend and this seems to help quite a bit with the urge. I have also been on several antibiotics with no help at all.
I have been in for a cystoscopy and so far everything looked good, but Monday I go back in to have a bladder distension under general anethesia. I do know I have some low back pain, and some rectal pain, and some abdomin pain, but not excruciatin as most everyone I read about has. I did however have a lot of pain from the cystoscopy. I wanted to jump off the table. I am not sure if I have IC, or possibly Acute non inflamatory Prostatitis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2006, 02:49 PM   #2
(male)

Sleeper678 HB User
Re: Interstitial Cystitis or Prostatitis

What has your doctor told you?

You could have any of these ailments although I would probably bet on prostatitis if you don't have pain in your bladder. Also, how old are you and have you been checked for BPH?

From what I can gather, prostatitis seems to be one of these things that comes and goes but, unfortunately, stays with you.

Why are they doing the bladder distension?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2006, 09:16 AM   #3
(male)

tjwilli HB User
Re: Interstitial Cystitis or Prostatitis

I just had a hyperdistension of my bladder under general anesthesia and they did not seem to find any IC, and he said he did a massage of my protate and did not find anyting wrong there either. However my symptoms are just the same as IC except I have many days without any pain at all. I do not ever seem to have the bladder pain people talk about, but I do get some low back pain and rectum pain etc....

The urologist is not sure what to think I have. I would not ever if at all possible go through that test again. I have been having nothing but more troubles ever since monday when they did the test, and no it did not help my symptoms of very frequent urination out like they thought it would.

Also the urge to go to the bathroom after I woke up from the test was unbearable. I was buckled over and begging the nurse to get in touch with the doctor to try and settle my bladder down. They gave me morphine, but that did not do anything for me. The Urologist had them give me some other high potent pain killer and it finally kicked in.

Has anyone here who has or might have IC go day to day without any pain? I have only read articles where people have the frequency and pain.

Closed Thread