It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2006, 08:35 AM   #1
(female)

shonks5 HB User
Soda Water for interstitial cystitis? How do you make it?

I've read here on the threads that soda water helps ease the pain of IC. How do you make it? Is it baking soda, if so what are the measurements of the ingredients? Can anything else help? I think that I may have IC. I was having problems a while back, that cleared. UTI treated with meds, another uninalysis with no blood or infection, but lots of pain. It finally seemed to be clearing. Then my doctor told me to start a vitamin regimine with vit C 1000 mg. I had already been taking vitamins, just not the C. Now it seems like my bladder pain is back. I don't have any burning just pain, like cramps, and the urge to urinate. I had another urinalysis done yesterday but don't have the results yet. If not an infection, I guess i will have to go see the urologist. God, I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that. I worry that it might be cancer but there has not been any blood in the urinalysis tests, and I have had several. Should I be worried about that? Oh yes, and how do you make the soda water?

Thanks,
shonks5

Old 05-07-2006, 11:34 AM   #2
(female)

iridescentsea HB User
Re: Soda Water for interstitial cystitis? How do you make it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonks5
I've read here on the threads that soda water helps ease the pain of IC. How do you make it? Is it baking soda, if so what are the measurements of the ingredients?
I suggest just taking calcium tablets or Tums instead of baking soda. baking soda has an unpleasant taste and may give you undesirable GI problems.

Can anything else help? I think that I may have IC. I was having problems a while back, that cleared. UTI treated with meds, another uninalysis with no blood or infection, but lots of pain. It finally seemed to be clearing. Then my doctor told me to start a vitamin regimine with vit C 1000 mg.

I suggest taking a BUFFERRED Vitamin C not just any vitamin C. Regular vitamin C is ascorbic acid and may contribute to bladder flare-ups. GNC may sell buffred C if not there are online outfits where you can order it from.

I had already been taking vitamins, just not the C. Now it seems like my bladder pain is back. I don't have any burning just pain, like cramps, and the urge to urinate. I had another urinalysis done yesterday but don't have the results yet. If not an infection, I guess i will have to go see the urologist. God, I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that. I worry that it might be cancer but there has not been any blood in the urinalysis tests, and I have had several. Should I be worried about that? Oh yes, and how do you make the soda water?

Thanks,
shonks5

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2006, 06:49 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

What I use is Prelief, which does help some. Vitamin C and cranberry is very high acidic content and can really irritate your bladder if what you are suffering from is IC. Vitamin C can actually trigger an IC event. I take 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in some water 3 times per day which helps to bring the acid content of your system down.

Blessings,
Kirstee

Old 05-08-2006, 04:27 AM   #4
(female)

shonks5 HB User

Thanks so much, I sure will try you recommendations. The vitamin C that I took was ascorbate, supposed to be stomach friendly! But, is it the same thing as buffered? I'm kinda scared to try anything now. I sure will try the calcium and tums!

Thanks,

Shonks5

Old 05-11-2006, 09:29 AM   #5
(female)

iridescentsea HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonks5
Thanks so much, I sure will try you recommendations. The vitamin C that I took was ascorbate, supposed to be stomach friendly! But, is it the same thing as buffered? I'm kinda scared to try anything now. I sure will try the calcium and tums!

Thanks,

Shonks5
Regular Vitamin C (a.k.a acsorbic acid) and buffered vitamin C are not the same. Yes, they are both vit. C but buffered one is not acid as the regular C. Look for specifically for the word "Bufered'.

Closed Thread