It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2007, 05:27 PM   #1
(female)

justthinking HB User
Recurring Kidney stones or Interstitial Cystitis??

I was diagnosed with Interstital Cystitis and grade 2 cystocele (prolapse of bladder) probley 5 years ago, due to frequency, urgency, pressure, pain, incontinence, and it is seen when my urologist's have done hydrodistention with cystoscopy's. Frequency got as bad as over 100 times a day. About 2 years ago, I find out that my uterus and cervix was also prolapsed, and that my uterus was laying on my bladder causing a deformity at the dome of it, and the fibroids in my uterus was pressing on my bladder and causing a partial blockage. Had a hysterectomy with bladder repair and the frequency went from over 100 times a day to 10-15 times a day and my other symptoms resolved.

My bladder prolapsed again last summer and I had all my symptoms return. One RN lied and said it wasn't prolapsed (my gynecologist had moved prior to that) and she said even if it was, there wasn't a doctor in this state that did that surgery, and even if they did, they wouldn't fix a prolapse a 2nd time around. Went to another doctor with complaints of feeling like my bladder was going to fall out, she wouldn't even evaluate the problem, blamed it on the IC, and said my bladder was supposed to be laying in my vaginal area. Then I went to my urologist and he examined me and I found out I had grade 2 cystocele again and he agreed to fix it.

Before the surgery, I started having extreme pressure and spasms in my bladder and blood pouring out of my urine. Within a week, ended up with flank pain and extreme pressure in my kidneys too. Could not get rid of the urge to pea. Everytime I had the pressure in my bladder, it felt like it was coming out of me. Then it felt like something was jabbing my kidneys, and was causing EXTREME pain. It looked like I was having a period, though my uterus was removed. I thought my bladder was either hemmoraging or ruptured. It totally freeked me out. If I got up and walked, the pain would get that much worse. I was also having voiding problems. Couldn't hardly eat, had nausea, was vomitting blood. It was blamed on a UTI though every culture that came back was negative. But then the ER ended up doing a CT and finding out that I had hydronephrosis and 3 kidney stones causing a blockage. One was in my ureter near my bladder. Had the lithotripsy and had to have the stent removed within days due to problems from it. I passed one tiny piece of debris and that was it.

About a month later, I had another surgery for the bladder repair. And started having hesitency afterwards but the frequency improved. Problems continued to get worse, not better. Slow urination (taking 1/2 hr to pea sometimes), stopping and starting again, it was not wanting to come out even though I had the urge to go, pain in my bladder when urinating which got better, bladder not completely emptying, spasms (starting in my bladder and ended up in my kidneys too), causing frequency to recur, pressure so bad that it felt like my bladder & kidney was going to explode, low back pain (severe at times), flank pain, pain in my ureters, nausea, hurting after eating, left abdominal pain, and now have the constant urge to pea again.

I think I have kidney stones again but am not sure. I called my doctor the day after I started having flank pain but was thinking that maybe my bladder had obstructed at the time. Then I got to thinking about how I freeked out so bad before when I had kidney stones thinking something was bad wrong with my bladder, and what if this was the same thing. This time, the pain is not so bad, that it is causing me to screem and cry. I have not cried once, though the pain has been bad, just not that bad. The pain has been so bad in my lower back a couple of times, that I could barely move. I don't feel anything actually jabbing me like before. I have test strips at home and have not seen any blood unless I am having the flank pain (then it shows up in moderate amounts). Before when I had kidney stones, the blood was pouring out of my urine. I was recently told that all my symptoms are symptoms of IC and the urology's office would not do anything but a urinalysis to check my bladder function, so I said no thanks.

I wonder if I have a moving kidney stone again. Is it possible that it could cause symptoms really bad, ease up, and then start in again? The voiding problems got better over the weekend and I did not start feeling worse again until today. And I have not passed anything so I wonder what's up with that. If it was blocking me, how does it temporarily stop? Why would it cause blood in the urine and then disappear? I can't get over the fact that I am not crying in pain if this is what's wrong. I know my kidney was swelled the other day cause it got so bad from the pressure that I could feel it inside of me. I don't think interstitial cystitis is a problem that would cause voiding symptoms or flank pain. I looked it up online and says IC is associated with frequency, urgency, pressure, & pain, and urinary tract obstruction is associated with all of the type of voiding problems I have. Obstruction can also causes the constant urge to pea and the extreme pressure I've been feeling.

I don't think this is IC, but I'm not sure if it's kidney stones again or not. I figure where I didn't pass the debris, that it could have caused them to recur so quickly. But not sure what's wrong. I know that all of the symptoms I have are the same symptoms I had before with kidney stones, but some things aren't quite the same. So I was hoping you all could share your opinion, and symptoms, if you've had any kidney stones. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2007, 01:04 AM   #2
(female)

justthinking HB User
Re: Recurring Kidney stones or Interstitial Cystitis??

Never mind (lol). The pain is getting SOOOOO bad in my kidneys, I'm not in question anymore as to what's wrong.

Are there surgical procedures where you don't have to get a stent put in you afterwards? I can't deal with that again.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:42 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

duzford HB User
Re: Recurring Kidney stones or Interstitial Cystitis??

A stent is not always required after litho it is optional depending on stone size.

Closed Thread